You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Game Modifications
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » Game Modifications » How do I mod nations ?
Bottom
Topic Subject:How do I mod nations ?
SOMGUY
posted 02-23-18 09:15 AM EDT (US)         
Well I wanted to make my own custom nation in Ron:TaP. So I followed Lord Cirone's guide to modding nations but nothing changed.I thought it was because I had an older version of the game but I had already installed the 1.03 patch.What should I do?
AuthorReplies:
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 02-28-18 12:31 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
I have been poking around, but have gotten no smarter. Sorry.

Lord Cirone's Guide says to make a copy of the files of the antion you wish to mod. I usually put such in /backups.

Then I make a copy of the files to be edited, putting them in /MODs. Then I mod these.

When I am done, I copy them back into the game folder, overwriting the originals from the game folder.

Vista and above use the Virtual Store and such, which makes modding a file difficult. Make sure the files you edit get put into the game folder, otherwise you get stuck.

Hope that helped.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 02-28-2018 @ 12:40 PM).]

SOMGUY
posted 03-10-18 03:30 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
Thanks for the help but I have one question: What's the Virtual Store? Is it the program that's used to mod the game files? Because I searched on Google for it but didn't find anything useful.
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 03-11-18 11:45 AM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
The Virtual Store is a Vista and higher thing in Windows. I assume it was created by Microsoft for the sole purpose of preventing people from easily modifying their games. What it does, in layman's terms, is put game files in a container that does not allow modding. The workaround is to save the file needed to the Desktop, which bypasses the Virtual Store, and after modding it, put it back in the directory it came from, overwriting the original.

(Of course, first you save the file before modifying it in a folder for backups- make the folder, put the file in there, then do the rest. That way, if you screw something up, you are have not totally borked your game.)

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames