You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Game Modifications
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » Game Modifications » More rare resource on map
Bottom
Topic Subject:More rare resource on map
Stones78
posted 03-21-20 07:46 AM EDT (US)         
Hi

Because of lockdown I reinstalled RON again. I changed some features in the data folder to make it more difficult however I want to have more rare resources on the map, so I want to enhance the drop rate. The issue is that I don't know which command controls that rate.
In the resourcerules.xml file there is the line : <RANDOM_RARE_DROP>1</RANDOM_RARE_DROP>. I think it's just a binary command to allow(1) or not (0) the resource to be present on the map.
In the default.xml file in the mapstyles folder, there is thos lines : <COMMON_RESOURCES value="4"/> and <BONUSES></BONUSES>.
I changed the value for the first one but it doesn't really do anything.

Does someone know how to do it ?
AuthorReplies:
MHLoppy
posted 07-10-20 11:32 PM EDT (US)     1 / 1       
I know I'm a few months late to the punch, but this piqued my interest so I took a look.

It appears that for actual gameplay, the other xml files in the mapstyles folder is used for rares quantity (as each map has a different rares setup). If I had to guess, the rares quantity defined in default.xml is simply superceded by the map-specific values.

The rare quantities for each of those xml files can be found under the <BONUSES> group. For example, Old World uses the following:
  <BONUSES>
<BONUS type="Early" comment="one nearby easy one" chance="100" group="0" numrare="1 num" pattern="player" saturate="0" player_keep_away="6" player_stay_near="10 far" spacing="8 SCALE" group_spacing="6 SCALE" center_keep_away="20 SCALE" center_stay_near="0 " corner_keep_away="0 " corner_stay_near="0 " edge_keep_away="0 " edge_stay_near="0 "/>
<BONUS type="Early" comment="two more in your area away from middle" chance="100" group="0" numrare="1 num" pattern="player" saturate="0" player_keep_away="12 " player_stay_near="18 SCALE" spacing="8 SCALE" group_spacing="8 SCALE" center_keep_away="16 SCALE" center_stay_near="0 " corner_keep_away="0 " corner_stay_near="0 " edge_keep_away="0 " edge_stay_near="0 "/>
<BONUS type="Early" comment="in the middle to fight over" chance="100" group="0" numrare="4 SCALE" pattern="world" saturate="0" player_keep_away="16 SCALE" player_stay_near="0 far" spacing="8 SCALE" group_spacing="8 SCALE" center_keep_away="0" center_stay_near="20 SCALE" corner_keep_away="0" corner_stay_near="0" edge_keep_away="0" edge_stay_near="0"/>
<BONUS type="Late" comment="industrial in the middle" chance="100" group="0" numrare="4 SCALE" pattern="world" saturate="0" player_keep_away="16 SCALE" player_stay_near="0 far" spacing="8 SCALE" group_spacing="12 SCALE" center_keep_away="0" center_stay_near="20 SCALE" corner_keep_away="0" corner_stay_near="0" edge_keep_away="0" edge_stay_near="0"/>
</BONUSES>

If you change the numrare value this seems to change the amount of rares when using that map. I tried adding a 0 to all the numbers and ended up drowning in rares:
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames