You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Game Modifications
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » Game Modifications » Building garrison properties edit
Bottom
Topic Subject:Building garrison properties edit
ronel19456
posted 05-09-20 00:04 AM EDT (US)         
Hi, I'm doing a mod where all the houses, apartments, and office can be used in quick battle.
At this moment all the building can be placed in the game, in all nations but the next step is that this building have a reason to be constructed.
I would like that the house can garrison one land troop or civilian and healing it, and apartments and office do the same with 3 or 5 units (like little small cities)

I was searching for how do it and I can't find a solution. Any knows what file must I edit? Buildingsrule, unitsrules, rules? What is the sentence to garrison and healing units?
AuthorReplies:
MHLoppy
posted 05-12-20 12:39 PM EDT (US)     1 / 1       
Based on some research and testing done on the matter, it looks like your options are fairly limited when it comes to allowing garrisoning of units.

You can turn on the ability for a structure to have garrison capacity by modifying <GARRISON_MAX> in buildingrules.xml, but unless it's one of the structures already coded to accept garrisons, the newly changed structure will only accept units that can be built from that structure.

For example, to test with I gave Farms a value of 9: <GARRISON_MAX>9</GARRISON_MAX>, but could only garrison units inside if I also modified unitrules.xml to choose Farms as their source structure.

I think garrison-healing is automatic if you set up a garrison in the above method but I'm not 100% sure.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames