You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

RoN Strategy for Beginners
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.11 replies
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » RoN Strategy for Beginners » Its not the more of each unit you have that raises their cost, but the more of each TYPE of unit.....
Bottom
Topic Subject:Its not the more of each unit you have that raises their cost, but the more of each TYPE of unit.....
VlPER
posted 06-14-03 04:06 PM EDT (US)         
Well, if you keep on building archers, they get more and more expensive, until they reach their cap. But its not only the archers that get more expensive, its ALL the baracks units too. So to have a good army, you not only have to mix baracks units, but also stable units and others when they become available. Having 30 slingers is not gonna cost more than having 10 slingers, 10 spear dudes, and 10 archers. But having 15 spear dudes and 15 cavalry will cost a lot less.
AuthorReplies:
Bridger
posted 06-15-03 02:57 AM EDT (US)     1 / 11       
*ding ding ding* we have a winner!

Check out Tales of Legend, a Rise of Legends Community Show!
Nelson1379
posted 06-15-03 11:37 AM EDT (US)     2 / 11       
I didn't know that, I'll have to keep it in mind. Thanks.
VlPER
posted 06-16-03 01:11 PM EDT (US)     3 / 11       
well most people didnt know that cause they keep on saying that one unit armies will cost too much so its better to mix archers, hoplites, etc..even in team games. I think Bridger said something like that too.
Ulua
posted 06-16-03 01:29 PM EDT (US)     4 / 11       
I think I've read about this somewhere in here before...something about ramping costs, but I'm too lazy to find and link.

Anyway, from what I remember, the entire track (such as barracks units) goes up in price the more a particular unit or units are fielded.

Teutonic
posted 06-16-03 04:42 PM EDT (US)     5 / 11       
makes sense. each structure "taxes" you for simultaneous unit fielding.
GoodDogScout
posted 06-17-03 03:02 PM EDT (US)     6 / 11       
Is this specific to each structure? For example, if I build a second barracks, does the cost for the first unit at that barracks reset to the starting cost, or will it be the current inflated cost?
Ulua
posted 06-17-03 04:04 PM EDT (US)     7 / 11       
And is it just me? Or have others noticed the prices for military (or perhaps civ too) structures going up the more you create?
VlPER
posted 06-17-03 04:25 PM EDT (US)     8 / 11       
I think its the inflated cost, and Ulua, anything you build gets ramped up in cost.
HermannTLombard
posted 06-18-03 04:45 PM EDT (US)     9 / 11       
Ulua: yes, the cost of any structure ramps up too. Puts a damper on building lots of towers, for example.
Ulua
posted 06-18-03 04:52 PM EDT (US)     10 / 11       
FYI: As Mongols, if you raze a stable and rebuild it, you won't get the bonus horse archers. So, this wouldn't be a way to try and keep the costs down by getting free horsies.
VlPER
posted 06-18-03 10:10 PM EDT (US)     11 / 11       
You wont get any bonuses from buildings if they dont increase the maximum you ever had of that building. Example:

Lets say you built 5 stables and you got the horse dudes. So 5 stables is your max.

If you build a 6th one, you get the horse dudes. If you lose 1 and then rebuild it back to 5, you dont get anything cause it didnt increase your max.

If you lose one and then build 2, you get horse dudes from the 2nd one because your max went up from 5 to 6.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames