Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » RoN Strategy for Beginners » Inca
Bottom
Topic Subject:Inca
blue_thunder
posted 11-03-03 03:17 PM EDT (US)         
Are Inca overpowered? Extra gold can be traded for any resource except knowledge, and schoolars require gold too.
Tons of wealth- tons of army. From other side I have never seen good player using Inca. Why is this and how to fight against them?

Ko nema para nemože ni da kara -Peko
Šumar is back!
AuthorReplies:
Raven36
posted 11-03-03 03:32 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
Well considering WEAlth is thier only bonus, basically, and wealth, while harder to obtain early, is fairly easy to obtain with 3 citys+temple research+caravans, Also any other resource can get sold for wealth, IE TREES, FOOD, MEtal ect...

- - - - _Au_RaveN - - - -
jabroni
posted 11-04-03 10:20 AM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
IMO, Incas are probably most overpowered in Himalayas, and maps with tons of mountains. The wealth allows the luxury of making early raids with ease, of putting in a comfortable defence while booming hapily away.
Haven't been able to do much with them on water maps and other mountain scarce maps tho.....
Fogel Xanadu
posted 11-04-03 05:40 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
Would make 0 sense to use inca on water maps. I feel sorry for anyone playing random nation who lands them.

In order for inca to take advantage of their bonus means you have to do two things.

1. reach classical for mines

2. get up as many villies on mines as you can.

this means you're gonna be very scarce on food and wood until you get your mines filled up (wood to get up your food econ and food to get up villies on the mines.)

You could probably forgo that to build up both your food and wood econ and get a good border and defense set up so you aren't as open to an early raid/rush, but then you aren't taking advantage of your nation power.

Of course, personally, I haven't used inca that much, so I'm probably not the most qualified person to speak. In a situation where I was allowed to boom untouched though, they are very powerful. Having so much wealth makes doing whatever you want sooo easy. Need scholars for knowledge? No problem, chances are, your universities are ininite queued as soon as they're built. Low on food or wood for a certain research? No problem, just buy it! I won't even discuss metal, thats hardly a problem since your mines are already filled for the wealth bonus.

edit: as far as overpowered go. If they were really overpowered, they'd probably be the most used nation by now, but I've seen stranger things happen. oh yeah, and their unique light infantry blow, but their unique seiges do as much damage as the turkish unique seiges.

[This message has been edited by Fogel Xanadu (edited 11-04-2003 @ 05:42 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames