Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.11 replies
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » RoN Strategy for Beginners » Good Rushers
Bottom
Topic Subject:Good Rushers
jedianakinsolo
posted 11-06-03 03:28 PM EDT (US)         
People say that only the Romans and Japanese can do the most effective rushes. What about the Spanish? They get much bigger ruins bonuses and they start with the map explored. And I think they have an ancient HI unit, but I may be wrong.

Or what about the Germans? They have a decent ancient age HI.

What other good rushers are there? I think I might try doing a rush with the Spanish.

I plan to live forever or die trying
-Unknown
AuthorReplies:
MarcusMCM
posted 11-06-03 03:53 PM EDT (US)     1 / 11       
Mongols, cavalry Rush when cav archers are available. Slap up three stables as soon as you ahve the wood, add a couple more units to the freebies and take that massive cavalry into your oppponent's territory. You have scouted it out looking for lunber camps, metal mines and farms. Shift-Click you cavalry all around these spots in various cities. They will kill off villies and avoid enemy troops. Meanwhile, build an infantry-seige based army back at home. Have fun.

I am a Grumpy Old Fart (gOf).
ZN=gOf_Marcus Sierra, Gamespy name: gOfMarcus
gOf Home
gOf Public Forum
G0dSpiral
posted 11-06-03 06:23 PM EDT (US)     2 / 11       
I think Spanish are best, 1v1. Nubians are very strong, early too.
jedianakinsolo
posted 11-06-03 06:34 PM EDT (US)     3 / 11       
Thx for the fast replies.

MarcusMCM: I'd forgotten about the Mongols. When I get them (I play random) I'll try that.

GOdspiral: How do you rush with the Spanish|? I mean, is there anything different you do with them that you don't do with others?

-Unknown
mesh
posted 11-06-03 07:22 PM EDT (US)     4 / 11       
Speaking of Spanish, i used to thing they were one of the worse nations but the japanese clan on gamespy use em a lot with great success. They crush me everytime heh.
War
posted 11-06-03 08:07 PM EDT (US)     5 / 11       
Spanish are great, the eary resource is massive and strategic knowledge of the map is very big.

I assume by rush you mean the 3 min HI rush. I usually do this with 4-5 HI and 1 LI

Economy is very liggt inthe first 3 mins so after building that army you really have to concentrate on booming your economy during the attack. So nations with an age 1 economy boost are really good.

So, Germans are good for the early economy and have the units. Japanese too. Mogols get extra food so make good rushers.

Aztecs get the free atl-atls so they are great rushers too.

French have an advantage on 3 wood starts as they can get to the ideal 5 woodies.

But all nations can rush. (just not against Mayan and Korean)

half_lotus
posted 11-06-03 08:17 PM EDT (US)     6 / 11       
I wouldn't do the 4-5 HI rush on Chinese either.
jedianakinsolo
posted 11-06-03 09:01 PM EDT (US)     7 / 11       
I was talking about the best rushers.

Mesh: I did too. I had them in a list with the Greeks, but I changed my mind a while back. They are a decent nation early. And the early gunpowder tercios gives an advantage, cuz they can shoot back, and they don't lose health going up for the attack.

-Unknown
War
posted 11-06-03 09:43 PM EDT (US)     8 / 11       
You can rush the chinese but you need an extra 2 HI, you can get away with and extra 1 japanese. I had a bad spell of rushing a couple of months ago where I seemed to always get the Chinese opponent. Fortunately you know they are chinese before the actual attack and so you can build a little more (not too much or your econ falls to far behind). I was successful in about half of these and the other half we were pretty close on economically.

But basicaly you are right. You wouldn't rush the chinese by choice, its just they are not as rush proof as the Mayan or Korean.

half_lotus
posted 11-06-03 10:53 PM EDT (US)     9 / 11       
War you have always been on the cutting edge of rushing in RoN. I salute you. ^^
War
posted 11-07-03 10:28 AM EDT (US)     10 / 11       
Hehe

Actually, the thing I like best about rushing is not rushing. People I play against all take some defensive steps in the first 2 minutes which is cool. If I rush we have a close battle, If I don't I have at least kept the boomers "honest"

You still get plenty of people regarding the rush as an all-or-nothing high risk strat. I would just like to convince people that the all out boom is just as risky a strat.

G0dSpiral
posted 11-07-03 12:23 PM EDT (US)     11 / 11       
Spanish has a lot of options. Its probably not the best if you start with mil 1, although it can likely keep making an uninterupted supply of troops for longer than japanese/romans, and probably develop economy simultaneously (but nubians make for a better rush with this insurance policy of econ advancement)

Sci1/Mil1 doesn't quite work because you rarely have the wood to build a barracks. I find the normal 3 techs followed by Mil1 and a barracks will give you a strong 5 minute attack (their 2nd city can make a good target) together with a functioning economy. If you start building a 3rd city before their city collapses, it should make for a decisive edge, even if you eventually lose that city.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames