You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

RoN Strategy for Beginners
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » RoN Strategy for Beginners » Just got the game, need some pointers
Bottom
Topic Subject:Just got the game, need some pointers
Blamer
posted 11-06-03 05:35 PM EDT (US)         
Okay, I played this game in Beta 2 and it was a lot of fun...I remember being on Gamespy with gamegeek, I never got to play him though because I had to go to work

Anyway...I was wondering if some people here could point me in the right direction for strategies. I could hold my own in beta, but I never really learned how to deal with rushes besides "make archers," and my favorite civs didn't get any wealth bonuses.

I've bookmarked the Play Guide on infidels.org.uk, and an MFO article called "Managing the Most Efficient Economy." Those are pretty good articles and I learned some stuff I never figured out in beta. Are there any other good articles, or replays I should look at? Any advice in general?

AuthorReplies:
Out_4_Blood
posted 11-06-03 05:43 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Rise of Nations Strategy has links to just about all the good strategy stuff.

After reading stuff, I'd suggest you watch films. I have links to all the good recorded game archives.

Blamer
posted 11-06-03 06:21 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
Thanks
Hammer
posted 11-07-03 07:16 AM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
I have found the Infidels site good... as you already pointed out and Out for Bloods site is also very good with many links.

The posts by Half Lotus are always a good read. Also check out the Tactical Warfare Collective strat forum... cool ideas.

Both TWC and I clan members are nice to run into as they don't seem to mind sharing and seem like nice people.

Other than that watch replays... which I still can't frigin do as my OS is in Japanese (I have moved here recently) and I am having trouble with my new system...ahhhhh <RANT> Anyway all of the above seem pretty cool and solid. Good luck.

Oh I forgot, the article you mentioned from MFO maybe a little dated, read it in light of O4B debate on Graineries etc for a more efficient way of running your economy.

[This message has been edited by Hammer (edited 11-07-2003 @ 07:21 AM).]

half_lotus
posted 11-07-03 04:15 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
You can count on the Infidels to have very good (and current) info, and some good rec games. Regarding the economy and overall strategy, there is an Adjusting on the Fly article at Apolyton.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames