You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

RoN Strategy for Beginners
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » RoN Strategy for Beginners » Key to winning #12
Bottom
Topic Subject:Key to winning #12
Raven36
posted 11-07-03 08:43 PM EDT (US)         
The market-
I usually build one of these in the first 2 minutes and get a caravan going right away, get all the rares in your territory, I usually dont go to emeny terriorty unless it is a REALLY good rare, use the rares to your advanatage!!

Hotkey- N

Buying and selling-

I dont know about you guys but I'm a resource perfectionist, I only like to have what I need to get my com cap up or buy scholars, BALANCING IS THE KEY, unfortunatly balance cannot be taught but only learnt through experiance, In a normal game I spend about 20% of the time buying and selling to balance everything perfectly for econ management, military and scholars, IE if you have excess wood/iron sell for gold for scholars, If you have excess iron and need wood and food for upgrades sell iron and buy wood and food BUT BUY ONLY WHAT YOU NEED, gold is a valuable resoucre in the beginning, Use it to your advantage when builing a castle (300 iron, 100 wealth ALOT) buy 300 iron and if you run out of wealth sell food...

I hope this helps

-Raven

- - - - _Au_RaveN - - - -
AuthorReplies:
half_lotus
posted 11-07-03 08:58 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
Good tips, where's #1-11?? ^^

Because the resources are so interdependant (farms cost wood/woodcamps cost food, etc, etc), balance is indeed the key, it's importance cannot be overstated.

Out_4_Blood
posted 11-08-03 01:56 AM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
Yes, but it's better to balance through planning ahead and makig your economy efficient, than balancing by buying and seling at the market.
thao
posted 11-08-03 02:03 AM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
i used to sell and buy a lot from my nubians experience, but i dont do it anymore that much. i have a ressources timeline in my mind that says me what i need when so that i dont need to buy that much. i do sell some metall in rare situations so.
niDe
posted 11-08-03 03:17 AM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
Intelligent use of the market sure can make a big difference in your game.

If you have an abundance of a certain resource, sell it off and spend it elsewhere, no point having resources sitting there as numbers of the screen if you could be using them for something.

Once I get my metal production going well in late classic/early medi I usually sell off my metal and get as many scholars as possible, since knowledge is rather slow during those times.

AU clan website: www.ronau.com!
blue_thunder
posted 11-08-03 09:25 AM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
Haha, my friend yesterday was selling metal. He badly needed gold. He sold about 300-400 metal and then sell price, of course, dropped on 1 gold. He didn't realized, he sold 1500 metal for about 30 gold.

Ko nema para nemože ni da kara -Peko
Šumar is back!
ceohammer
posted 11-09-03 02:09 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
About the only time I always buy is when I hit Industrial and I want the oil for the tank upgrade asap. Other than that I may buy food if I want the age jump sooner than later.

Hammer

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames