Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.14 replies
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » RoN Strategy for Beginners » Russians
Bottom
Topic Subject:Russians
Firre
posted 11-09-03 02:00 PM EDT (US)         
I've been playing alot with the Russians lately and I quite start to like them. I read some time ago on this forum about them and people don't seem to like them.

I can't really understand why.

Their bonus is not that bad.
You get the +100% attrition, the +1 extra border expansion for every civ you research, their cav do +25% extra damage on siegeweapons and supply waggons and the spies are 50% cheaper.

So where's the bad stuff ? That you use supply waggons and then the attrition bonus is useless ? That's why your cav have the +25% damage.

And later into the you get oil 10% faster and you have the T-80 tanks and shock infantry.

But I have one question. If I build the Colloseum (which gives me +50% attrition) and the Kremlin (+100% attrition) does this mean I will get +250% attrition ??

Feel free to comment and tell me I'm stupid for playing as the Russians

Dear Lord can u feel my pain ?
If you can't, it's alright, cause I'ma live my life anyways!
AuthorReplies:
blue_thunder
posted 11-09-03 02:32 PM EDT (US)     1 / 14       

Quote:

If I build the Colloseum (which gives me +50% attrition) and the Kremlin (+100% attrition) does this mean I will get +250% attrition ??

MORE!!! Little math: 100%+100% is 200%, 50% of 200% is another 100%. So it is 300% instead of 250%!!!
This is really strong attrition and if you get Nationalism any unsupplyed unit will die in two seconds

Ko nema para nemože ni da kara -Peko
Šumar is back!
Firre
posted 11-09-03 02:35 PM EDT (US)     2 / 14       
You are right .. my bad .. that's why I'm playing RON all day .. never made it out of high school :P

Dear Lord can u feel my pain ?
If you can't, it's alright, cause I'ma live my life anyways!
Out_4_Blood
posted 11-09-03 04:54 PM EDT (US)     3 / 14       
I like Russians on Huge maps and in big games and FFAs. Those games always seem to go well into info age and that's when Russians are very strong. Particularly if you can maage to get Colosseum and Kremlin and some of the other border pushing wonders.
jedianakinsolo
posted 11-09-03 09:53 PM EDT (US)     4 / 14       
I like Russians. They aren't as good as others, but they aren't bad. Just depends on how you play. I like their UUs.

I plan to live forever or die trying
-Unknown
knight101_5
posted 11-09-03 10:10 PM EDT (US)     5 / 14       
I thought they all were supposed to be balanced so that no civ would can another.
Out_4_Blood
posted 11-09-03 11:55 PM EDT (US)     6 / 14       
Perhaps there's no "counter civs," but some are better than others. And it's usually situational based. In 1on1, I'd rather be Japs than Greeks. In a 4on4 in the pocket, I'd rather be Greeks than Japs.
hairballxavier
Banned
posted 11-10-03 00:09 AM EDT (US)     7 / 14       
I like to use the Russians when I think most of the fighting will be done in the info age.They are really hard to take down if they make it that far.
jabroni
posted 11-10-03 09:34 AM EDT (US)     8 / 14       
"I've been playing alot with the Russians lately and I quite start to like them. I read some time ago on this forum about them and people don't seem to like them."

I think the main reason that ppl complain abt Russians is that they lack the economic bonuses that other civs have. They also don't have as many military bonuses, other than their attrition, which is usually perceived as defensive rather than offensive.

That being said, I have lost games against good Russian opponents. Their ability to use their strengths of the Russian civ (as well as my own errors) won them the games.

Ne0PHeniXXX
posted 11-10-03 10:57 AM EDT (US)     9 / 14       
200% ( winter) + 200% x 50%(colosseum ) = 300 %

300% + 300% x200(kremlin) % = 600%

For the russian

IT very different enter 300% , 250 % and 600 %

LameAim
posted 11-10-03 01:02 PM EDT (US)     10 / 14       
I love the T80/Schock Inf combo.

And the Katyusha has cool animations .

blue_thunder
posted 11-10-03 03:26 PM EDT (US)     11 / 14       
Right, I forgot initial double bonus. So it's 600%!!!!

Ko nema para nemože ni da kara -Peko
Šumar is back!
ceohammer
posted 11-10-03 06:14 PM EDT (US)     12 / 14       
Most important wonder for the Russians to get to aid thier attrition is the Statue O' Liberty. Cuz if they don't then the enemy who does gets ZERO attrition.

Hammer

Out_4_Blood
posted 11-10-03 08:03 PM EDT (US)     13 / 14       
Agreed.

I try to get SOL in every game. If not for attrition, then for free upgrades.

Sea Biscuit
posted 11-10-03 11:55 PM EDT (US)     14 / 14       
neverplay anyonein one of those 'no rush'games if they are going russian.. you just cant win.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames