You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

RoN Strategy for Beginners
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » RoN Strategy for Beginners » The Bantu. Your thoughts pls.
Bottom
Topic Subject:The Bantu. Your thoughts pls.
jedianakinsolo
posted 11-10-03 09:58 PM EDT (US)         
Bantu havn't much special mention. But for being a tribe in Africa, they are a decent civ.

The City advantage is great, I usually get two more cities up within the first five minutes. On a small (arena to 2/3 plyr map) I have the enemy smushed into a teeny tiny spot on the edge of tha map, then I can hit all round, while upgrading temple techs and civics and tightening the noose. And the pop bonus is good too, especially with the Collosus thrown in too.
Plus the UUs aren't too bad, and the Modern/Info age jets are good.

Your thoughts please.

I plan to live forever or die trying
-Unknown
AuthorReplies:
Sea Biscuit
posted 11-10-03 10:35 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
reason to play bantu= cheap cities, bonus city expansion and pop cap. the rest is icing.

i like the cheap cities and the extra one you get.
they are a great expansion civ that can squeeze an opponent just like russins.

this is the best civ for mediterranean games. you can quickly sieze the middle island without paying a big economic price.. the cost of cities is low and you dont have to get civics 2 to get that 3rd city.

the extra speed is very nice when you are doing an early rush.. just attack and send your injured armys running back to heal.

thats about it for bants.. the fighter line is no great bonus.nor the other uu.

crazymaniac
posted 11-11-03 01:13 AM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
you can also get civ 2 and get 4 citys at cheaper price because a city that would have cost 110 food and wood I think it cost like 45 food and wood. or you can get civ 1 and mil 1 and rush. good stuff
jedianakinsolo
posted 11-11-03 07:27 AM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
1st new city costs 15f, 15w, 2nd costs 27f, 27w.

I plan to live forever or die trying
-Unknown
jabroni
posted 11-11-03 07:52 AM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
The most attractive aspect of the Bantu, IMO, is its all round flexibility. The choice of rushing is very likely due to its faster movement of soldiers and citizens. The choice of booming away is also all too viable.

Sometimes, when I use Bantu, I will send in my scout into my opponents teritory to scout as obviously as possible, so as to induce him into thinking that I'll be going for an early rush. This would lead him into playing more defensively and aiting for my rush. And I would just boom as quickly as possible to gain the economic advantage, and attack when comfortable.

An all-rounded civ, if any.

daoneandonlybest
posted 11-11-03 03:33 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
They are good and my friend and i have a great LAN tactic: He takes Bantu and boders pushes one opponentwhilst i build the colossus so we have superior POp. THis is great when im egypt and i can build it so early (and cheaply). Then I reinforce his borders which are so far forwards whilst he builds an airforce. THen his bantu hawk jets tear up the battlefield and he is doing GP so that all his cities will bring him even more wealth as he is consuming it quickly on planes. THen it always evolves that I take the ground and he takes the air. THen bantu are one of my favs along with germany egypt and korea (u can c im a boomer)!
knight101_5
posted 11-11-03 05:46 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
Bantu are good I am sure, but I haven't used them much lately. They are a strong nation, that's for sure.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames