You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

RoN Strategy for Beginners
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » RoN Strategy for Beginners » Proper use of General with Forced march
Bottom
Topic Subject:Proper use of General with Forced march
WhiskeyPete
posted 11-12-03 12:53 PM EDT (US)         
I seem to have a problem that when using forced march, unless the general is with an army of all cavalry he outpaces the other units and thus doesn't help them out with the forced march ability after a short amount of time has passed.

So, I'm trying to determine the most efficient way to allow this ability to work. Normally I have a control group for my main army, one for siege with supply on guard of the siege and possibly another control group of cavalry for flanking.

To make this ability work I was thinking:

A. Setup another control group with just the general(s) and have my main army control group not contain the general. I set the general(s) on guard for a unit within the main army and just move the main army. Hopefully this will force the general(s) to not speed ahead.

B. Use the forced march ability, goto main control group, click ctrl + mouse on general(s) and give move command (moving the main army minus the generals ). Goto main control group again click shift + mouse on general(s) and give guard command to a unit.

What does everyone else do?

AuthorReplies:
Out_4_Blood
posted 11-12-03 10:21 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
I don't play -- I just blog. ;-p
niDe
posted 11-12-03 11:19 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
Setting march then getting the generals to follow is how I do it.

AU clan website: www.ronau.com!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames