You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

RoN Strategy for Beginners
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » RoN Strategy for Beginners » When should i start building troops?
Bottom
Topic Subject:When should i start building troops?
Lord Macintyre
posted 12-02-03 02:37 PM EDT (US)         
Hey.

I try to make barracks/stable/siege factory in classical age, but i usually get bogged down with all the resource management! what is more important in the first few ages? military or economy.

Another thing, i usually try to save up resources for a fairly large army in enlightenment age, possibly industrial? is this bad? is it best to invest in army fairly soon?????????

You don't get a second chance to make a first impression.
AuthorReplies:
WhiskeyPete
posted 12-02-03 02:52 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
Scout scout scout and then scout some more.

As most players will agree taking advantage of what your opponent is doing will allow you to win more games. Being able to dictate or decide what an opponent does is also a trait you want to cultivate.

So, how does one scout effectively?

Besides using your intial scout to get info and also grab ruins, raiding helps quite a bit. So, early classical raiding will allow you to get some great intel.

With this info you can decide if you want to attack, boom and turtle or raid the person to debt.

If you see your opponent (if not Egypt) building wonders early on, attack as soon as possible. They just spent a large amount of resources and have a good chance to not have a large military force.

Really you need to play it by ear after you reach a certain skill level.

So, at first I would recomend trying a rush strat out. There are many different well defined strategies for rushing follow one of those (i.e. http://www.infidels.org.uk/ron/strategy/2MinRush.htm).

After you have perfected or understand how to rush against a cpu at first, learn how to defend one.

Ahh, anyways, start reading, start watching games.

At higher skill levels fighting or battles begin at earlier times. Basicly if fighting someone that is at an intermediate level, you would most likely not last to the gunpowder age as you would have been attacked at an earlier stage.

Another thing, when building an army remember you have to use it and use it as soon as possible. Those are resources you spent you have to put them to work for you or you would have been better off spending it on your econ.

Make sure you read this article as well (http://www.mrfixitonline.com/ron-economy.asp)

Have fun out there,

WhiskeyPete

Lord Macintyre
posted 12-05-03 11:55 AM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
thanks a bunch. uve been a great help

You don't get a second chance to make a first impression.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames