You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

RoN Strategy for Beginners
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.13 replies
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » RoN Strategy for Beginners » Taxation how does it really work?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Taxation how does it really work?
WhiskeyPete
posted 12-03-03 12:50 PM EDT (US)         
Easy question.

The temple upgrade taxation at classical gives you merchant bonus of 120%. Does this apply to both the resource gathering and "special" ability?

Let us use Gems as an example, gems give these bonuses:

+10 Wealth Gather Rate
+10 Knowledge Gather Rate
+2 National Borders

so After taxation does the bonus become,

+12 Wealth
+12 Knowledge
+2.4 National Borders

Or does it become

+12 Wealth
+12 Knowledge
+2 National Borders

Thanks for the info.

Have fun out there,

WhiskeyPete

AuthorReplies:
Zespris
posted 12-03-03 03:40 PM EDT (US)     1 / 13       
Well, I don't know by gems, but with my diamonds/sugar experience, it does not get past the 10% regardless of how much taxation you research
half_lotus
posted 12-03-03 04:34 PM EDT (US)     2 / 13       
It's the second one pete. Also taxation increases resources gathered from fishing?
WhiskeyPete
posted 12-03-03 04:37 PM EDT (US)     3 / 13       
Was that fishing bit a question or a statement?

And thanks for the answer.

Out_4_Blood
posted 12-03-03 05:36 PM EDT (US)     4 / 13       
HL - I'm pretty sure that taxation increases ONLY the wealth component of fishing and that granary upgrades ONLY increase the food component of fishing.

Examples:

Fishing is +10F/+10W. After first granary upgrade (+50%) it should be +15F/+10W. After first Taxation upgrade (+20%) it should be +10F/+12W. After both upgrades it should be +15F/+12W. When both upgrades are maxed, I would expect it to be +30F/+30W.

I can't currently confirm this, but I'll check it later.

EDIT: I think the Nubian bonus to rares applies in this manner also. So Nubian base fishing is +10F/+15W. The +10 food acts the same as a farm, so no extra bonus. The wealth acts as a rare, so you get the extra rare bonus. I think.

[This message has been edited by Out_4_Blood (edited 12-03-2003 @ 05:38 PM).]

half_lotus
posted 12-03-03 05:45 PM EDT (US)     5 / 13       
I was guessing. I think O4B's guess is right, I've seen whales giving +10f/+12metal after taxation.
WhiskeyPete
posted 12-03-03 05:53 PM EDT (US)     6 / 13       
Along those lines...

British the double income from taxation.

Does this include the income provided from rares and fishing?

Out_4_Blood
posted 12-03-03 06:23 PM EDT (US)     7 / 13       
No, I don't think so, because taxation is (supposed to be) based on territory size. The taxation upgrades ALSO increase rare resources -- which is merely a side benefit.

However, El_Capitan posted on my comments that taxation was based on current wealth income -- which is news to me. But if that were true, then the increase in wealth that taxation brings in from fishing rares would have an impact on the British taxation bonus.

Out_4_Blood
posted 12-04-03 01:30 AM EDT (US)     8 / 13       
mesh
posted 12-04-03 02:44 AM EDT (US)     9 / 13       

Good article.

The Nubians aren't as strong as i thought they were. And the Porcelaine tower isn't a better wonder if you're Nubian.

I'm guessing it works the same way for Russia if they built the Kremlin and Colloseum, attrition is additive not multiplicative, right? so 100%+100%+50% = 250%. Not 600% like someone said in another thread.

Out_4_Blood
posted 12-04-03 09:07 AM EDT (US)     10 / 13       
I would imagine, although attrition is harder to test.
Endurence_uk_
posted 12-04-03 11:11 AM EDT (US)     11 / 13       
ehh sry if anybody said this but to whiskey pete , taxition increases the income from the resourses not the abilty
Sea Biscuit
posted 12-05-03 00:46 AM EDT (US)     12 / 13       
wow. this is a really good post.. i did not know that taxation efffected rares... nor did i know that granaries effected fishing rates.. that is a BIG help. thanks..
i always wonered sometimeswhy some of myrares were collecting faster. that explains everything... taxation is WAY moreimportant thati had ever imagined. no wonder whyit got toned down in koreans in patch3.
blue_thunder
posted 12-06-03 04:23 AM EDT (US)     13 / 13       
I don't know that russia gets 600% attrition, but try it- when you get nationalism, enemies will die WAY TOO FAST!!!

Ko nema para nemože ni da kara -Peko
Šumar is back!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames