You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

RoN Strategy for Beginners
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » RoN Strategy for Beginners » Bantu Fast Tank strategy
Bottom
Topic Subject:Bantu Fast Tank strategy
pawntificate
posted 12-08-03 02:05 PM EDT (US)         
Hey all,

What do you think of this:

1. Play Bantu and get 3 cities asap. Space them to maximize your national boundries so you can get 3 caravans going right away.

2. Work on maximizing wealth as you go through the ages - build temples, keep caravan limits etc. Use your wealth to get more scholars and maximize knowledge production in 3 universities asap.

3. Scout well. Bantu get a speed advantage in scouting so take advantage of it.

4. Keep building your extra cities as they come available, since they have u discount.

5. Don't research military tech until you need it for age advance. Your population limit will be sky high even if you are two military techs behind your opponent.

6. When you get to enlightenment, build a lot of heavy calv. (i.e. 20 or more)

7. As soon as you can research Industrial do so. Your initial bonus should let you reach Industrial age before your opponent, if you play it right.

8. As soon as Industrial comes up, buy up all the oil you can! This will give you a huge advantage, and make it prohibitively expensive for your opponent to try the same thing when he hits industrial.

9. Upgrade your calv to tanks. Also upgrade infantry, machine gunners and seige. Attack right away, you should have a HUGE advantage over your Enlightenment era opponent.

10. Get your oil production going and keep reinforcing your tanks/machine guns/seige.

11. In Modern era get Eiffel tower for even more oil fun. (Also, supercollider in Information age can take care of your oil woes, but the game should be over long before then). Get Modern/Information fighters, since they have a significant bonus.

Thats it. Wonders which work well for this strat:
- Collosseum. Gives the valuable wealth upgrade.
- Porcelin Tower. Gives market purchasing bonus, to get more oil per wealth. Only get this one, though, if you can take advantage of the primary shipbuilding bonus.
- Eiffel Tower
- Supercollider
IMO, Bantu makes a great Wonder building nation because your population cap bonus allows you to have a band of 20 roaming civilians working on various building projects. The population benefit alone is reason enough to play Bantu, let alone the extra city, cheaper cities, and movement bonuses (and nice special units).

Anyway, thats it. Any problems or counters that can think of for this idea?

pawntificate

AuthorReplies:
pawntificate
posted 12-08-03 02:21 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
BTW, Numibians would also be a great choice of nation for this idea, since they get significant market advantages. They could pull off the cornering the market on oil very efficiently, but I don't know if they can reach Industrial quite as efficiently as Bantu.

-pawntificate

mesh
posted 12-08-03 03:09 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
That could work... only in peace til industrial age games
War
posted 12-08-03 03:16 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
Yes, but what do you do about...

HA Raiding
HC Raiding
HI rush
150 Rush
Gunpowder age (most common)
Boat booming
Better booming civs like Mayan, Nubian, Korean, Chinese, Greek

Raven36
posted 12-08-03 04:15 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
You are assuming a pure boom with no military until industrial and then only have 20 tanks? I think not

- - - - _Au_RaveN - - - -
pawntificate
posted 12-08-03 06:17 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
Obviously, you will have to respond to whatever threats are leveled against you, and fight a good game up through to Industrial. I left details out of my strat because there are too many different things to respond to, and many of these problems have been delt with elsewhere.

To do my strat, it assumes you have good scouting, a good military buildup throughout, raiding, towers etc. My point was if you get tanks faster than your opponent and use your market to load up on oil as soon as you hit industrial you should be in really good shape.

WhiskeyPete
posted 12-08-03 06:36 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
Suggestion:

Maybe rename the strategy?

People get hung up on names as you have noticed. Call this a tip or something along those lines.

If after reading your last post I am understanding your purpose correctly.

I believe you are trying to say that buying oil when hitting idustrial is a very smart move.
or
Hints for playing Bantu.

Else;

Mayans/Egypt should counter the wonder part hard to rely on wonders;

While not investing in military is a sound idea in that it will save you resources in the short run, when it comes time to create and or upgrade your troops having military will save you resources.

Keep on posting your ideas!

Have fun out there,

WhiskeyPete

Fogel Xanadu
posted 12-08-03 09:52 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
I don't see how this will work. Bantu are not a "booming" nation. Lots of nations will beat you to industrial.

A more interesting strat on bantu is building the quick 3 cities, market, full caravans, and still being able to pump out horse archers at the 5 minute mark.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames