You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

RoN Strategy for Beginners
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » RoN Strategy for Beginners » I need some help for Beating a Freind
Bottom
Topic Subject:I need some help for Beating a Freind
TheScudStud2004
posted 12-09-03 09:54 AM EDT (US)         
well he and another freind chalanged me and i suck i need some help can anyone help me. I am Russian and hes German
AuthorReplies:
Hurin
posted 12-09-03 04:17 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
Go to http://www.bighugegames.comand read some of the strategy articles written by the game's designers.

Then come back here and read some of the articles and posts on more advanced strategies.

Other than that, we can't really help you with such a general question.

H

Astro Tarquin
posted 12-09-03 04:52 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
Well... for such a broad question the only tips I can give you is to tower up early, research attrition early(of course) and to build plenty of temples. Also, build colluseum ASAP, which you proly aredy kno, just figured I could give you some advice, even though you proly alredy knew it. Oh, yeh when somone is invading take out their Supply wagon(s) erly as well, most of the time they will retreat (especially when you play russians) soon afterwards. Another tip is to garrison your troops when they aren't fighting, that way they can heal. Other than that you'll need to rephrase the question if you want something more specific.

Remember the Romans, 'nuff said
Those who are successful are those who learn to think
TheScudStud2004
posted 12-09-03 05:01 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
Ok ill rephase my question.I need some tips for attacking in the early ages like gunpowder and enlighnment.Also how exactly does this spy thing work. Im kind of a noob but i know how to ply the game. Im good at the early ages but after that i sux. so if u could give me some tips it would be nice. and also i read those tips already
kAbt
posted 12-09-03 05:10 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
I just posted some tips on using spies you might want to check out.

There are tons of ways to attack. If you have a strong military I would recommend attacking their most important ecconomic city that is near your borders. Make sure your army is balanced. If possible use your spies to see what types of units his army is going to be weak against and build those. if you are not as strong as him militarily try this. If it looks like he's not going to attack you in the near future (having no siege weapson is a good sign of this) sneak your army to his capital, take it quickly and try to escape immediately (DON'T TRY TO HOLD IT). Maybe leave some decoys there to make it look like you are trying to hold it. Make sure you raize buildings as long as you are holding the city. If successful this will disrupt his ecconomy quite a bit and give you a big resource reward.

good luck

Astro Tarquin
posted 12-10-03 08:50 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
Yeh, but you said noob so i was just making sure. That is a fun tactic, I generally like to sit back, fortify and allow my attrition to blow the hell outta them, thas just me though. Although, if you do try this, then you have to do a lot of scouting, as well as planting informers into his buildings, so that you know when he is making an aggressive movement, and what he is using to attack you with. It always sux when you're confident that you're cap is impregnable and all of a sudden 30 cannon are blowing the hell outta all of your "expensive" FORTIFICATIONS, AND ALL YOU got in order to counter them is HI. Attacking his territory at this time is also very effective as you will see, if you read my post's in "Enlightenment Age Warfare and Tactics"

KungFuJesus
posted 12-13-03 01:07 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
Scud *I before E except after C*

In my opinion I dont think you should be Russian at all. There not that great at all, well I think so. If you want a defensive nation be Maya. There was a post awhile back that had some good points condeming the Russians. I like to play aggresivly anyways and I don't plan on letting up long enough for them to attack me, so Russia would be pretty useless to me. If you really want to be Russia, make sure you use those spys to your advantage. If you decide to chose a different nation try to finish your FRIEND (I before E) before modern because German is strong then.

Astro Tarquin
posted 12-14-03 08:43 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
You've got a good idea there KungFu, don't let up...I never thought of that one... LOL... but sometimes you have no choice, and if you want a civ that can kill your opponent no matter where they are on the board, then you can use the Russians. Controling the whole board is essential. Build Colluseum, and Porcelain Tower, and you're completely impervious to any effective attack. I personally prefer to use Russians, or Germans and if you can outlast the Germans and make it to Info before them, then their power in Modern will be useless. Maya are good, but they aren't as effective as far as defensively. I use them, but still far less often. I find Spies are still pretty hard to micro well enough, and I've had the game(and been playing constantly)since the day it came out. I tend to only use like three at a time with any given force, because they draw too much attention from the rest of your troops. I definitely love the informer, though.

[This message has been edited by Astro Tarquin (edited 12-14-2003 @ 08:47 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames