Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » RoN Strategy for Beginners » The land rush
Bottom
Topic Subject:The land rush
weirderthan
posted 12-09-03 05:22 PM EDT (US)         
This seems to be a new strategy i havent seen anyone else use it so here it is.
I will tell u of the koreans land rush. Build two farms with vills from lumber.After you research civics then build city as close to the enemy as posible. Now dont build too many vills because when that city is built you will get extrat vills form that city. Take thoughs vills back to put on wood. The next thing u need to do is research the second civic. Repeat the what you did with the first city but this time build a temple. Now use your scout to find there closest city to yours an hope theres a really close one. right next to your boarder closest to there resourses and build a tower. This will hope fully slow his resourses. Make a small millitary but you should now be able to boom. u might even be able to take his city witch would put u ahead of everyone else.
In conclusion there are many other civs that can do this the koreans are just the most strait forward.

[This message has been edited by weirderthan (edited 12-09-2003 @ 05:24 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
War
posted 12-09-03 08:41 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
It's called border pushing. Chinese (large cities) are good, Russians (of course) and Romans, who can drop forts on you!

Oh, and look out for Gems for a nice boost on this strat.

[This message has been edited by War (edited 12-09-2003 @ 08:42 PM).]

Deecie
posted 12-10-03 04:27 AM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
Yeah, sorry, not new at all
It's a very good average player strat, if only that there are no losses on your side and he gets a disadvantage (you'd be building those cities anyway)
weirderthan
posted 12-11-03 09:14 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
I have seen the border push before and even used it but what you dont see is a border rush in the first age. Yes the Chinese and Romans can "land rush" but not neer as fast as the koreans and not in the same way. Like the romans instead of the 3rd city they build a fort and since they can build fort in first age without any military research and the dont need to use there wood for wealth they have a more millitary rush than the koreans. The chineses just do it because they want some land but dont want to fight for it till mideavil. The bantu also have a good land rush that is better at keep others from "land rushing, border rushing" them because they can get land so very quickly. So I think there was somewhat of a misunderstanding about what kind of land border rus push whatever deally thing going on. Oh and by the way i am no average player and have played rts since the first age of empires

[This message has been edited by weirderthan (edited 12-11-2003 @ 09:18 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames