You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

RoN Strategy for Beginners
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » RoN Strategy for Beginners » Help I'm a Noob (Well not really)
Bottom
Topic Subject:Help I'm a Noob (Well not really)
Zharrad
posted 12-10-03 11:27 AM EDT (US)         
I'm new to this game, I played around with it a bit, but I have a question. I've always liked fast raiding attacks, what Civ would be best suited to this style of play.
AuthorReplies:
Atras
posted 12-10-03 11:57 AM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
Japanese or Roman are both good rushers. Aztecs are nice also. Mongols get great raiding benefits.
Deecie
posted 12-11-03 02:19 AM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
Although mongols do get the raiding benefits, it's hard to use them as a rush. It really just negates attrition damage (damage done to units in enemy territory) by about half and makes you able to raid that little bit sooner. I'd say for rush go with romans or japanese.
To work it out for yourself, pick races whose unique units are found, at least in part, in ancient, classical or medieval age. Since a given unique unit is generally better than the equivalent non-unique, you have an advantage early on if you're the one with the unique units.
Also, lately, I've taken a liking to inca's for medieval-gunpowder age attacking. That wealth bonus is, quite simply, insane. By halfway through classical age I was generating as much wealth as my buddy was toward the end of the industrial age, a significant advantage, obviously.

With incas, provided you get a decent wood source, you can churn out any stable or barracks unit like mad.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames