You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

RoN Strategy for Beginners
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » RoN Strategy for Beginners » The first age rush
Bottom
Topic Subject:The first age rush
weirderthan
posted 12-11-03 10:03 PM EDT (US)         
No one but me ever first age rushes i dont really mind becuase that means no one expects it but it would be nice to have more of a chalange. all this talk of defence is kind of one sided. You guys are only exploring one side of the game.
AuthorReplies:
generalmadine
posted 12-11-03 10:20 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
What difficulty do you play at?
War
posted 12-12-03 07:06 AM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
Difficulty? Are we talking single player of multi-player?

Even on toughtest, the AI is clueless against a rush.

On-line multi-play there are plenty of people rushing and plenty of defensive players cursing these "lame noobs" that beat them

Rushing is great in this game because it is viable but not over powered. It is not "the" strat like it was in AoC. Many disagree as to how effective it is though most who do it have a very high success rate with it.

I don't do it much these days but that is because I like to explore other options and strats. When I did (do) it I had a lot of success.

Paralyticus
posted 12-12-03 05:22 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
If you do a HI rush properly (even if it is a slightly later one) you will have sucess mostly in the first game you play with a person.
I did that for a while, but since I'm not very fast, the second time around they were oh so ready for me and I lost - then we both would go booming and attack in Medieval or Enlightment, but since I'm slow, I didn't boom as well as them and would lose - then finally another HI rush would win, LOL!

It's true, no single strategy to win, that is what makes this game so attractive

[This message has been edited by Paralyticus (edited 12-12-2003 @ 05:22 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames