You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

RoN Strategy for Beginners
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » RoN Strategy for Beginners » German 200 Medieval-Gunpowder strategy
Bottom
Topic Subject:German 200 Medieval-Gunpowder strategy
half_lotus
posted 12-13-03 04:27 AM EDT (US)         
New strat for Germany. I posted a write-up at RoNU.
AuthorReplies:
Fogel Xanadu
posted 12-13-03 02:28 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
With the fact that you're sticking with two cities till gun, wouldn't it be prudent to get markets/temples in both towns and taxation asap? I dunno if the timber situation will let you handle that, as I haven't had a chance to play with this yet.
jedianakinsolo
posted 12-13-03 02:47 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
I tried it. Excellent strat half_lotus. I tried it, and the guy quit a minute into the attack. I intend to try on some more people, but shhhhhhhhh

I plan to live forever or die trying
-Unknown
half_lotus
posted 12-14-03 01:27 AM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
Two markets wouldn't be a bad idea, or one market and taxation. I wouldnt get more than one temple usually. Lumber is pretty tight until you get near +200.
Paralyticus
posted 12-14-03 05:24 AM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
Thanks for sharing! I intend to use the old HI rush and next this one on a friend that's wanting to play me (he is confident that his longer practice will give him victory - but I know he does not read these Fora, so... )

Actually, your strat is the one that fits my style best - and rightly so because at the modest level I play no ones does early HI rush, so I'm safe to try this most of the time

jabroni
posted 12-14-03 08:50 AM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
Very nice strat. Really cool if I can get a very good 2nd city spot with ample forests and mountains. IMO, it is probably better to hit during medieval rather than GP since by GP, most opponents will already have ample defences. (Trebs are way cool too )

But I would like to add that getting a 3rd city up would be pretty vital too in the event that the attack does not go as planned (can't manage to capture and hold the opponents city, etc.)

The wealth would probably be the problem as 2 cities may generate insufficient wealth for a quick tech (considering no good rares, no fishing)

But I think the strength of the strat lies mainly in the speed factor (and hence, the surprise factor). Really, most people I play don't really expect an attack till GP; all they expect is just some raiding during classical and boom till GP for a major assault. No one seems to expect ancient or 150 rushes anymore....

Endurence_uk_
posted 12-14-03 02:33 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
powerful strat locus well done
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames