You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

RoN Strategy for Beginners
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » RoN Strategy for Beginners » Silly, Pointless, and Impractical ideas
Bottom
Topic Subject:Silly, Pointless, and Impractical ideas
Jmkosiek
posted 02-03-12 01:00 PM EDT (US)         
Has anyone ever come up with the idea for an insane concept that won't ever work in the game?

I'm thinking things along these lines: The Forbidden City with the Red Fort as the Egyptians. If it's also possible, also take the Terracotta Army, because why not?

Any other insane and not good ideas?

The road goes ever on and on..
AuthorReplies:
PalaceGuard
posted 02-04-12 09:15 AM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
I would have liked to see a tribe with units that can walk through mountains. It would have made for a fun "Taliban in Afghanistan" type scenario.

Also: there was a time when I was just starting out with the expansion that I would play as the Chinese and build the Senate right next to the Forbidden City. (Because the Forbidden City in China was the capital.) I very quickly saw that this was not a particularly effective tactic.

[This message has been edited by PalaceGuard (edited 02-05-2012 @ 07:48 AM).]

Pimp Masterflex
posted 03-17-12 08:49 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
Oh if you played scenarios like I do, you would see this a Lot

Lets see... the "Ill build only LI really fast, thall do thr trick"

or the "Ill only make cruise missles and kill every farm he has, thatll do the trick"

or my favorite " Ill let him take all my cities, but hoard all my army into 1 isolated city, and push him back so I get 2 of my cities back, thatll do the trick"

Hmm, but for std and nomad... well, Rushing is the most obvious, since its a gamble and it fails about 50% of the time....

and... well, senate at forbidden, thats a bad idea...

Hmm, building
Hanging gardens in age VIII.... thats pretty bad....

um....

sending funds in age II (corruption is like 35% at best)

Ive never seen red fort be used practically, except for one bitch (pardon my French), her name was LadyInRed (if anyone remembers her). She played noob games all day and she would put Red Fort right in front of her border push city when she was Chinese, cuz she picked China ALL THE TIME....

Pimp approved, master class!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames