You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

RoN Strategy for Beginners
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » RoN Strategy for Beginners » Best & Worst Wonders
Bottom
Topic Subject:Best & Worst Wonders
markashley
posted 01-26-13 11:26 AM EDT (US)         
Forgive me if there is an existing wonder thread.

I'm unsure which wonders to prioritize. Here is my list per age in decreasing priority (with some justification):

Classical
Colossus (population & wealth)
Pyramid
Hanging Gardens

Medieval
Colosseum (border push & attrition)
Forbidden City
Terra Cotta (I like having control over unit ratio in my army)

Gunpowder
Porcelain Tower (only on sea maps, don't build on land map)
Unsure if Tikal or Red Fort is better

Enlightenment
Versailles (healing!!)
Ankgor Wat

Industrial
Taj Mahal (wealth & hit points)
Statue of Liberty

Modern
Eiffel Tower (oil & border push)
Kremlin

Information
Space Program (nuke bonus & all visible)
Supercollider
AuthorReplies:
PalaceGuard
posted 04-27-13 07:21 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Most of the wonders are very situation-specific. Forbidden City, for example, is most useful if you are in danger of losing your capital city and cannot spare the time and resources to protect it (maybe you have the enemy's capital reduced as well and you want to keep your army supplied there). Simply throw down the Forbidden City somewhere secure on the map and you suddenly have a second wind, with +50 income for the two most basic resources.

What wonders you'll want will depend on which nation you're playing, which enemies you're fighting, what their strengths are, what rare resources are available in your area, and what strengths or weaknesses you want to bolster. The Wonders are generally so expensive and vulnerable that you're probably better off just using their resource costs in more mundane units and buildings unless a specific set of conditions makes getting one irresistible.
Kawada Shogo
posted 02-06-17 06:09 AM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
I always, always build Colossus if I can. Most of the wonders I don't bother with. I like a few of them, such as the Versailles, of which i'm a big fan. Most of the others, it's nice if I capture them, but I rarely go to the trouble of building them. However, I MUST have the Colossus. I like to field big armies and it's a pain having to constantly research military because I so frequently hit the population cap. The colossus helps with that.
MrMew
Huskarl
posted 02-07-17 04:35 AM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
In games against AI I leave Forbidden City and Red Fort till last as the AI never seem to build them. The colossus is great, especially with pheasants, however I don't see why you wouldn't build the porcelain tower on a land map. Those bonuses can be quite helpful.

Time of Tea
Still in the Dark Age
Don't be a melodramatic clown. ~Mr Wednesday
veteryr
posted 04-27-18 07:59 AM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
thanks for the info
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames