You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

RoN Strategy for Beginners
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.No replies
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » RoN Strategy for Beginners » Using the lakota to chew out toughest AI
Bottom
Topic Subject:Using the lakota to chew out toughest AI
Desert_Fox_42
posted 10-19-13 01:11 AM EDT (US)         
Untill This one game I played against Turks Ai in a 1v1 battle, the only way I was able to defeat AI was ancient heavy infantry rush(done highly effective with Japanese and German). Today I played as the lakota and decided to completely choke the enemy of territories and resources. Here's the key, AI set to toughest has a tendency to take up to 90 seconds exploring the map before building a city. The beauty of this of course is that I was able to develops first and they would take longer to expand. After my first city was built, I produced a high amount of villies and explored for ruin bonus and formed some woodcutters camps. After my first library I go sci 1 and because at this point I was producing food and wood at higher capacity my ruins supplied me gold for mores science tech. Backed with the scouting citizens and consistant bonuses I found my enemy territory and realized they barely expanded. I built cities all around them and at first focused on nothing except building more villies for scouting and getting more civ tech. I went to classical and built pyramids for. 20% food 33% cheaper city and 1+ city for obvious reasons. I also used the bonuses I got allowed for universities in my many cities and even had enough starting gold for some scholars. I also had collosus at this time so the 30% higher wealth income came in handy with all the markets and distant caravans. Now the one big problem was the Turk siege and how easy it was for them to make I standard army by medieval. I of course spent so much resources on choking them for the long haul to make any army. So he took 2 of my cities but at this point I had 2 wonders, multiple universities and enough rare resources to make an army of my own. If the AI wasn't so blind in battle they would have used their superior forces to kill mine and take my cities but no instead they ran into rivers near my army and piled up around my economic radius. Plus I started making more cities behind the cities at the war front to maximize knowledge, caravan and territory. While I was beating them back, they still were toughest Ai and had vast tech advantages so we were in a stalemate of war in the gunpowder enlightenment area. The game changed when I hit industrial because all the oil and new rares were mine so I could support the industrial super units like tanks and planes and eventually missiles. Ai couldn't produce enough oil to match my mechanical gross power and faltered. This really shows the power of the lakota as expansionists. The only problem I see with my strategy is that any player that knows to build a barrack would foil my plans at map domination long before I got powerful. I would have 2 cities next to them easy for the taking so id have to modify my strategy to choke the enemy while keeping my own neck at a safe distance.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames