You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

RoN Tech Support
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » RoN Tech Support » Mac Intel Patch?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Mac Intel Patch?
JonathanAMoore
posted 08-17-11 07:54 PM EDT (US)         
Hey guys, as of Mac OSX 10.7 PPC programs are no longer supported.

Unfortunately, Rise of Nations Gold for Mac appears to be a PPC binary, and I can't find an Intel Update patch.

So...does anyone know of an intel updater for us Rise of Nations lovers? Or a way to get PPC programs to work on 10.7?

Any help would be appreciated.
AuthorReplies:
Kawada Shogo
posted 10-23-17 09:28 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
Bumping this thread because this is a problem for me too. I recently finally got a new Mac after keeping my old one long past its prime, and tonight I just learned I can't play Rise of Nations on Mac anymore. Which sucks because it's been one of my favorite games for over a decade.
alincarpetman
HG Angel
posted 10-27-17 06:39 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
I don't have a direct solution other than to keep searching online using different keywords and also posting in unique Mac tech support forums.

For example, if you want to unpack an archived game file using the Quick BMS program, Zen Hax is a good place to post requests for file extraction help.

So there must be website equivalents of this type of community focus among the Mac user population.
Search for Mac OS game modders, hackers, etc and you might need to ask a programmer to create a patch/utility which can be uploaded to HG and Moddb.com when finished.

I also wonder if more games on Mac OS have this problem so it might be a general patch that's needed for all games instead of a custom RON-only patch.
You'll have to find out from some knowledgeable Mac people and get back to us here so other players can find a possible solution as well.

[This message has been edited by alincarpetman (edited 10-27-2017 @ 06:40 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames