Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies, Sticky
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » War Stories » War Stories Writing Techniques
Bottom
Topic Subject:War Stories Writing Techniques
HistoryGuy
posted 12-20-04 11:12 PM EDT (US)         
What do you use when you write your stories? Do you listen to music to get inspired, or a sort of "feel" into the story? Do you use literary elements such as symbolism, theme, or gothic elements to create a dramatic or violent sequence? It is normally with this, that we create such awesome and enthralling stories, some of the greatest authors of all time has used these simple yet effective Techniques...

+ Robert E. Howard (Conan the Barbarian)
+ JRR Tolkien (Lord of the Rings)... yeah, have to include him too
+ Stephen King... THE HORROR MEISTER!
+ And that's all I can think of right now. Maybe someone or some people should get together and begin writing a "NEVER ENDING RoN BATTLE SCENE". That would be cool now!

I'll post more about Literary Elements and Techniques for writing stories so that we can begin to use this forum!

AuthorReplies:
Blitzer_231
posted 12-21-04 00:47 AM EDT (US)     1 / 10       
If only there were people who would write war stories...
HistoryGuy
posted 12-21-04 06:28 AM EDT (US)     2 / 10       
I would. Blitzer, maybe me and you should start passing the word around in the different forums. And if you want, I could send Rohag something to put in his news letter.
justneedaname
posted 01-20-05 10:17 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10       
would it be ok to wright fictional stories???
RomanPraetorian
posted 03-07-05 08:42 AM EDT (US)     4 / 10       
If you guys want to get to put heads together and write a book, i know a publisher and an author that will proofread it. I would love to help...sounds like fun.
Russian_Warrior
posted 03-17-05 12:34 PM EDT (US)     5 / 10       
Michael Criton(Jurrasic Park,Andromeda Strain, A Case in need)-Science Fiction Master
Louis Duncan(Twisted Window,I know what you did last summer, I still know what you did last summer) -Mystery Wizard

I'll get my sleep when im dead
We're not retreating, we're advancing in a different Location.
"You look more like a Russian everyday" -Roberto Rivera (Art teacher)
||||||||||
||||||||||
||||||||||
Lion Eater
posted 02-14-07 12:47 PM EDT (US)     6 / 10       
War stories I've had enough of them, my younger brother writes them all the time and they're never good if anyone wrote a good one I would definetly read it

Meh
www.freewebs.com/spuds4umy website please visit
SeagulFederation
posted 02-14-07 11:28 PM EDT (US)     7 / 10       
HARRy turtledove!!!!!!

BEST ALTERNATE HISTORIES EVUR!!!!!!!!!

Food prices twice as high- where's the vodka for us to buy?
All we do is sit at home- watching gorby drone and drone-

~~KamikazeSeagull~~
Salute the Seagull Federation!

master_general
posted 04-15-07 07:41 PM EDT (US)     8 / 10       
is this forum dead?? cus this sounds really interesting. oh BTW i love harry turtledove, im reading blood and iron right now, also does anyone like robert harris (Fatherland)

Someone flopped a steamer in the gene pool, now angry mob mentalityís no longer the exception, itís the rule.
IcedChevy69
posted 12-27-09 08:58 PM EDT (US)     9 / 10       
Good suggestion with the music idea. I never thought of it!

[This message has been edited by IcedChevy69 (edited 12-27-2009 @ 09:09 PM).]

Lord Christoforo
posted 02-13-11 08:22 PM EDT (US)     10 / 10       
I love writing war stories... just posted the first one on the forum. "The war of Concord"
but what gets me is that you have to write a story that you would like to read.
if you don't like it, then chances are that no one else will.
If you write something like "And then my city was attacked and taken over by the germans, and then i attacked them and took it back, and then... blah blah blah" it gets old... FAST.
make it interesting "And so the City of Atlanta was besieged by the Germans... Hundreds of American and German soldiers flooded the streets in an all out battle. and as dawn broke the German flag flew above the City hall..."
also mix up the vocabulary a bit... if you keep using the words such as: attack, fight, shoot.. then it gets boring...
but if you use words like: Besiege, Entrenched, Bombarded, Assimilated, etc. then it sounds more interesting...
but please keep this forum alive... i love to read the war stories!!!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames