Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.No replies
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » War Stories » Two-in-One After Action Report
Bottom
Topic Subject:Two-in-One After Action Report
Random Username
posted 06-26-11 01:12 AM EDT (US)         
The other day, I was playing an Asian game (I was Chinese, fighting in Amazon Rainforest [Asia's jungles] against all-Asian civs), and became quite dissatisfied. I was three levels above everybody else, at one point, and had gained half the map easily. Then, I realized I had the Easiest mode on, and felt really sheepish, having thought I had mastered the game. Thus, I decided to play on Moderate. Then, I found out it was ****ing hard, so I turned it down to Easy.

GAME ONE: THE SAGA OF THE IROQUOIS (MODERATE MODE)
It was a long, long time ago, in an ancient age, that the Eastern Iroquois nation sprung forth. Eight nations had recently emerged, mere city-states, with meager agriculture. They were the Eastern Iroquois, the Western, the Northern Lakota, the Southern Lakota, the Southern Inca, the Northern Inca, the Maya, and the Aztecs.

All nations were blessed with much resources, but cursed with cramped space. By chance, only the eight islands surrounding the central continent had brought forth civilization.

The Eastern Iroquois, known also as the Red, quickly developed technology and a thriving economy, moving on to establish a second city to the south. As soon as they could, they established their first colony on the coasts of the Continent. All was good, as they quickly expanded, under the wise rule of the republic. They had developed a more... classical culture, now making use of metal and expanding quickly. Other nations were apparently doing about as well. It was during these blessed times that the Northern Lakota, occupying the island northeast of the Red, offered an alliance. They were the Blue people.

The Red suffered from many shortages due to their quick expansion, but they came to have five mighty cities. Their homeland was a mighty metropolis, two cities growing together. The first colony was the center of the empire, and the second was well-developed. Watchful of the many nations that were becoming hostile, the Red fortified.

The first clashes were with the Southern Lakota warriors, the Purple. They had their own island settled, and one colony on the other side of the Continent. One day, their war party randomly attacked the second colony, northwest of it's larger coastal sister. Takohs had stumbled across their force, so the Red were prepared, destroying them.

Such battles continued, as the world went through their middle ages, and finally reached a period of enlightenment. The Red gained prestige, with the construction of many wonders of the world, but they had gotten around to fortifying the third city on the Continent, one near the center, to late. It was a pioneer town, and easy pickings for the Purple. The Red managed to win a desperate fight, and destroy the enemy, but just barely.

It was also during this time that the Cyan tribe began a massive naval campaign. Like the Purple, they were motivated by spite and hatred. Southeast of the Red, south of the Continent, they launched a small navy and harassed the Colonial Channel between the Red homeland and their mighty colonial empire. It took Red a long time to emerge from their lazy position and defeat them; the Red had never quite understood naval warfare. This turned into an epic war between massive navies: Cyan, followed by White, Green, and finally Orange, all launched huge navies to assault Red. The stress of the war was reaching the great monarch of the Red Iroquois, Robespierre Cincinnati zu Bonhiel. Finally, the navy was destroyed to manageable levels.

Two moments touched the hearts of many Iroquois. The first was the Razing of the Fortress, the destruction of the ancient fortification that had guarded Quawpaw Harbor since the foundation of the great city. The second was much more heartwarming. As the Red government gave up on their navy, instead just fortifying the waterways, their brave Blue allies sent a massive fleet to rescue them. King Robespierre himself had not expected such assistance, and many of his aides claimed to the people that he had cried soft tears as the Iroquois' only ally never let them down, never gave them up, and never ran around or deserted them.

However, while the naval wars were being mopped up, the struggles for the land got worse.
Purple never seized a town, but they made much trouble, and were devastating for Red morale. The Red generals had decided to station their small, damaged army by the coast, where Purple seemed to always land their forces at; no army had ever emerged from the north. So of course, that was what happened.

A large army, a Cyan army, emerged from the north with bombards and many infantry. The Red fought valiantly, but the Takohs spotted a huge Green army destined for Quawpaw, and the Purple coming back for another raid.

As the army neared, King Robespierre stepped up to the crowd, brandishing a fine gilded pistol, and he spoke.
"My people, children of Iroquois...
It was long ago when this great war began. And for what reason?
We had done nothing to hurt anybody. We had not gone on any offensive, started any war. We were settling the Continent, were bringing glory to Hahgwehdiyu, building a strong and benevolent nation that nurtured her citizens. We had no foul intentions. We only wanted peace.
But peace can never exist, for two reasons. Jealousy and fear.
Our success and power made our enemies fear and hate us. They only wanted to see us fall. They desired the land we had taken that they wanted, they desired our gold and clothes. They saw the fine foods we ate and our houses.
And every king and consul in all of the world, save for our noble brethren the Blue Lakota, used that fear and jealousy to rally their people against us. They said that we were demons waiting for a chance to destroy them. And when we launched an attack on the Purple Lakota motherland, they had evidence.
Our time has passed. Perhaps you will be able to prevail. I haven't."
(gunshot)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames