Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » War Stories » Weird stuff
Bottom
Topic Subject:Weird stuff
PalaceGuard
posted 05-04-13 02:21 PM EDT (US)         
I have occasionally started building a Fort near the border, only to have the enemy start building a City nearby.

AuthorReplies:
PalaceGuard
posted 05-19-13 01:26 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
Sometimes if you bribe an enemy General, he was in the middle of using his craft.

If this happens, the General will display Ambush at 0:00 remaining for the entire game.

After a while, the General may start exhibiting a starburst formation. I don't know exactly why this happens, but I think it has something to do with proximity to the Patriot's halo.

First it starts off small...

Then it gets larger...

Until it can fill the entire viewable area.

Super7700
posted 05-19-13 01:58 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
Wow, that is very, very weird. Did you find that out by accident?

~ Creator of Kings and Conquerors, a total conversion mod for Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots ~
PalaceGuard
posted 05-27-13 09:21 AM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
Yeah, it's happened enough times that I started wondering what caused it, and then I narrowed down the variables to what I saw above. I'm not sure if it can happen in multiplayer - I may set up a LAN game between two computers and test it out.

Next up: Bribing a fortress!

Now, most people know already that you can bribe any enemy building that's in your territory. This usually happens when you have captured a city or built a fortress and your border pushes so it includes the enemy buildings.

However, it's usually not possible to bribe fortresses, because they usually have their own border push. This usually means they never end up in your territory.

The exception to this rule is when they're being built. If an enemy building is under construction and ends up in your territory by border push, you can bribe it and indeed you can even finish building it.

Here Blue has begun building a Fortress near the border. Red's border push has forced the Fortress site into its territory. Note the dead Blue Citizen from attrition.

Now Red has bribed the worksite and is the legal owner of the unfinished Fortress. Note the Red Spy admiring her handiwork.
Super7700
posted 05-27-13 01:44 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
That is really interesting and I didn't know that you can bribe buildings under construction. I guess you could bribe cities that way as well.

~ Creator of Kings and Conquerors, a total conversion mod for Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots ~
veteryr
posted 04-22-18 08:16 AM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
it is very interesting
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames