You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Throne & Patriots Expansion Pack
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » Throne & Patriots Expansion Pack » RoN:TaP Custom nations?
Bottom
Topic Subject:RoN:TaP Custom nations?
Kiko_corpse
posted 05-30-10 00:27 AM EDT (US)         
I was wondering if it was possible to make custom nations in Thrones and Patriots. This question has probably been asked before but I couldn't find it posted anywhere. If there is an easy-ish way to do it, that would be great..... Thanks!
AuthorReplies:
LordBJ
posted 05-30-10 04:20 AM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
From what I know you can't create new nations in the actual sense of the word, but you can modify the existing ones. You can even make unique units for your new nation(well, these unique units will actually replace some already existing units). Also you can give your new nation some leader names, city names, building style etc.
For further information, read:
Lord Cirone's guide to modding nations .
There is also a guide that explains you how to give your new nation some unique units. If I remember correctly, you can find it in the "Game Modifications" forum.

[This message has been edited by LordBJ (edited 05-30-2010 @ 04:23 AM).]

sargonthegreat
posted 06-22-10 12:58 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
LordBJ is correct. You can only modify nations to create new ones.
RandomCataphract
posted 07-05-10 03:05 AM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
OK, If I use Word to edit the rules.xml file I can't see the content of all those labels, they're just purple thingies sitting around and I can't edit them. If I use Wordpad however, I could not save it as an XML file
PalaceGuard
posted 07-10-10 10:42 AM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
Open it with Notepad, it's the purest text editor for Windows and you won't save any vestigial extra data.

You can save it as a .txt file and then rename the file extension as .xml. In order to do this, you'll need to set your computer to display the file endings, which is usually a Control Panel or right-click View option, depending on your version of Windows.
SOMGUY
posted 02-23-18 09:02 AM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
Well I did everything that was in Lord Cirone's guide to modding nations but nothing changed.I thought it was because I had an older version of the game but I had already installed the 1.03 patch.What should I do?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames