Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.83 replies
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » Big Huge Fandom » Ideas for RON2 if its made
Bottom
Topic Subject:Ideas for RON2 if its made
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
tactickiller
posted 06-03-06 02:23 AM EDT (US)         
If they made a RON2 i think that they should make it kinda futuristic. You can have space battles and land battles. maybe you can even fight alien civs and battle on diffrent planets. Even though they might need to wait for better computers i still think it would be fun.

~=~just give me all your cash ok. or do i need to do something to make you~=~
Fast Food and Gay Buttsecks
What we're Shala's all about
for knowing the first 31 digits of pi from memory 3.141592653589793238462643383279. I am the PIE MAN. lol
AuthorReplies:
SpartanPete
posted 06-04-06 10:09 AM EDT (US)     1 / 83       
NO NO,

Just remake it!

Improve AI, game features and graphics.
Add new units, new game modes, online compaigns etc etc

Dont lose the realism, it can be done ... Civ 4!

Taufiq Khan
(id: Shala_T)
posted 06-04-06 03:40 PM EDT (US)     2 / 83       
I agree with Spartan. If they do make RoN2, they should just improve on the original.

★★★★★
Blues
posted 06-05-06 09:31 AM EDT (US)     3 / 83       
I also agree with that. How often have we seen cool games get a sequal which was totaly shit but everybody bought them blind and loyal cause the first 1 was so good...

If there comes a RON2 it should be like RON but improved and expanded NOT changed.

probed1969
posted 06-05-06 12:35 PM EDT (US)     4 / 83       
I have to throw my vote in with Spartan.

There seems to be a ton of fantasy/sci-fi games out there, which is fine for those that like that sort of thing. You can now add RoL to that list. The reason I'm still playing RoN/TaP is because of the historical aspects, the realism and the interface. I like to be able to look at a unit/building and at least know what it is and what it does. Plus, if you visit the downloads section there's a ton of historical scenarios that obviously only work with a historically based game.

BHG could take TaP and expand the UU's in Industrial through Info ages. There's a lot of room for helicopters, RPG's, additional planes, new buildings, etc.

"No good deed goes unpunished."-Murphy
One_Dead_Angel
Seraph in Absentia
(id: One_Dead_Villy)
posted 06-05-06 08:28 PM EDT (US)     5 / 83       
i think the main thing this time round for BHG was to develope a whole new super duper game engine. so in the future i'd expect if a RON2 comes out we'd see a step up on that and the graphics. certainly, i think the folks at BHG didnt just wanna repeat what they did with RON/TP, so hence the scifi/fantasy slant.
Axel of sweden
posted 06-15-06 03:34 PM EDT (US)     6 / 83       
I would like if Sweden was included in RON 2,They should have STRV122!
Blues
posted 06-15-06 03:41 PM EDT (US)     7 / 83       
Isn't the STRV122 a rippoff that tank that's a ripoff of technoligy of both the leopald and the crusader tank?
probed1969
posted 06-15-06 09:06 PM EDT (US)     8 / 83       
It looks a little like an M551 Sheridan.

http://www.ktroop.com/m551.htm

"No good deed goes unpunished."-Murphy
Blues
posted 06-16-06 08:46 AM EDT (US)     9 / 83       
Yea or the Abarham tank
Axel of sweden
posted 06-16-06 04:32 PM EDT (US)     10 / 83       
STRV122 is the Swedish version of Leopard 2 A5.The leopard tank thats in the game is a Leopard 2 A5.If you dont belive me visit this sitehttp://www.army-technology.com/projects/leopard/

[This message has been edited by Axel of sweden (edited 06-16-2006 @ 04:37 PM).]

Hoplites
posted 08-19-06 11:50 AM EDT (US)     11 / 83       
I think that RON has much room for improvement, but the main thing to change would be the scripting option. Although there are many skilled scripters out there, it would be nice if the scenario editor was more complex and could include random events and the ability to show messages. If RON2 could do that, I would be very happy indeed.
OliT123
posted 08-26-06 08:04 AM EDT (US)     12 / 83       
i think they should make it so each nation is much more individual... ie no heavy cavalry for european nations until medieval age, mongols get their skirmishers etc....

Also i think there needs to be more strategy involved, rather than make it just build as much as you can, then replace it, so like springing traps, using formations with heavy infantry (hoplites/ legionaries etc...

oh and also removing nuclear missiles, to unrealistic the amount they are used

Lion Eater
posted 02-15-07 11:13 AM EDT (US)     13 / 83       
No don't remove nukes just make them
a. more difficult to get resource wise eg. you have to get uranium rare resource
b. More expensive
c. you have to research stuff at uni and that takes ages

Meh
www.freewebs.com/spuds4umy website please visit
The Naminator
posted 02-15-07 04:55 PM EDT (US)     14 / 83       

Quote:

oh and also removing nuclear missiles, to unrealistic the amount they are used

maybe give them side efects.

I stole this sign!
Lion Eater
posted 02-17-07 06:55 AM EDT (US)     15 / 83       
what about villages they are small cities and cost a 0.25 instead of 1 for the city limits. You can make 3 farms, mine, lumber mill 1 millitary building and an expensive uni to upgrade it to a town. Uranium is a resource (not rare) in info age build uranium mines by mountains to get some. Factories build aircraft not airbases you have to transport the aircraft to the airbase. Space centre is no longer a wonder but you can build them so you can make spy probes. Science centre for research eg. nukes, units etc.
CN tower as wonder it:
Increases LOS
Makes genreal abilities more effective
makes units quicker
buildings (apart from wonders) are built almost instanly

Nations:
Vikings (power of the massacre)
Celts (power of the woad)
Canada (power of the wilderness)
Australia (power of the ... outback)
I'll do nation powers and unique units later
I don't like the idea of a sphere map just make the maps MASSIVE

Meh

[This message has been edited by Lion Eater (edited 02-17-2007 @ 06:55 AM).]

TheBlackAdmiral
posted 02-17-07 10:05 AM EDT (US)     16 / 83       

Quoted from "Lion Eater":

what about villages they are small cities and cost a 0.25 instead of 1 for the city limits. You can make 3 farms, mine, lumber mill 1 millitary building and an expensive uni to upgrade it to a town.

remember that you can build military buildings everywhere..

Uranium is a resource (not rare) in info age build uranium mines by mountains to get some. Factories build aircraft not airbases you have to transport the aircraft to the airbase. Space centre is no longer a wonder but you can build them so you can make spy probes. Science centre for research eg. nukes, units etc.

Cool, except building planes at a Factory, to much work..

CN tower as wonder it:
Increases LOS
Makes genreal abilities more effective
makes units quicker
buildings (apart from wonders) are built almost instanly

Nice, maybe Petronas Towers as Wonder..

Nations:
Vikings (power of the massacre)
Celts (power of the woad)
Canada (power of the wilderness)
Australia (power of the ... outback)
I'll do nation powers and unique units later
I don't like the idea of a sphere map just make the maps MASSIVE

Vikings should have the power of plunder.
Celts aren't a very good idea IMHO.
Canada would be nice..
I'd love Australians, maybe Aboriginals (Australia at Enlightment age)\

Big Huge is quite big, but one size bigger would be nice.

-

Romans should change to Italians in Gunpowder age, with Swiss Musketeers in Enlightment, Swiss Lackeys at Industrial and Swiss Guard in Modern (Light Infantry). (Maybe even power of the Pope in Gunpowder Age)

Khmer should be a nation (Power of the Mekong: Temple efficiency +50%, Start with a +20 Income of Knowledge, +10 for every Age after Medieval, Citizens are cloaked when in friendly territory, Friendly units move normal speed over rivers), with all Elephant Units.

Navaho:
Power of the Grand Canyon: Towers influence National Borders slightly and Cities and Forts influence National Border +25% More, Mines can have one more citizen than normalfor the size of the mountain, all infantry units move 10% faster, +5% for every Military Research
Unique Units:
Shaman (General, Enlightment Age, +50% Craft, unique ability: Frenzy: All units within radius gain +3 Attack)
Apache Helicopter (Helicopter, Modern Age, faster and tougher than regular Heli)
Apache Attack Helicopter (Helicopter, Information Age, faster and tougher than regular Attack Heli).

Berbers:
Power of the Carthage: All cities gain +100% hitpoints, All ships (including Fishermen) gain +2 attack, +1 for every Age after Classical (up to a maximum of +5). The Berbers gain all Ship upgrades for free.
Unique Units:
War Elephant, Mahout, Phoenician Warship, Phoenician Trireme.

Other Changes:
New CTW: World Wars, Mesopotamia
New Age: Fuedal Age (between Medieval Age and Gunpowder Age), Exploration Age (Between Gunpowder and Enlightment Age)
New Units: Transport Helicopters (Information Age), Infantry Siege Units (Battering Ram, Explosive Team etc.)

All I can think of right now..

eazyhasaids
posted 02-18-07 00:11 AM EDT (US)     17 / 83       
Rome and Italy should be two different nations.

There is a great need for an eastern European civilization maybe Poland or Polish-Lithuania.

Songhay or Mali to represent west africa. Aksum or Ethipoia would be nice.

Definalty a general Arab civ maybe call them the abbasids because just the turks and iranians don't cut it for the region.

Portugal considering the dutch are a civ.

Viking civ.

Maybe Algonquins or hurons.

Navajo.

Khmer Rougue.

Israel.

Many more ages.
-The most needed would be a real industrial age between enlightenment and the current indutrial with gatling guns ironclads breech loading rifles and possibly an attempt to work in railroads. An age or two between modern and info. One for the korean war era with sabre jets the first helicopters improved tanks from modern and nuclear technololgy. This would add a power to America which would be nuclaer power an age earlier. Then an age after that with t-64 M-60 and chieftain tanks newer jet fighters better infantry and jet bombers, hueys etc.

Maybe try to fit a new line of government the ends with fascism.

Maps should have the potential to be really big with up to 16 players online.

There should be transport capabilities in helicopters maybe transport trucks and rail travel and possibly rail guns in the WW1 and WW2 ages. With larger maps it would also make paratroopers a viable unit.

They should still keep the games files somewhat easy to mod like they are now.

Maybe a nation editor.

A greatly improved scenario editor and a script editor with many more functions. Maybe more decorative things in the editor like Age of Kings to add flare to scenarios.

Thats about it for now.

TheBlackAdmiral
posted 02-19-07 06:07 AM EDT (US)     18 / 83       
I forgot: More General Abilities..
changing formations only available when a general is around..
Lion Eater
posted 02-19-07 08:20 AM EDT (US)     19 / 83       
Nuclear bombers not missiles before info age.
We need everthing to be editable but easily reversed.
MORE TAUNTS
Planes can dodge missiles.

Meh
SeagulFederation
posted 02-19-07 02:54 PM EDT (US)     20 / 83       
i made some taunts- but they're not what u call Top quality =P

Food prices twice as high- where's the vodka for us to buy?
All we do is sit at home- watching gorby drone and drone-

~~KamikazeSeagull~~
Salute the Seagull Federation!

Bretty
posted 03-10-07 05:18 PM EDT (US)     21 / 83       
Well, I thought it was time for me to suggest some ideas, since I know the game inside and out. I have a lot to say. Anyone who reads the complete rubbish I post on my blog will understand. Nah, just kidding!

Most of my time playing RoN is on Multiplayer, where I play against other experienced inters and ruin their self-esteem. Everytime, I always hear the same thing. It seems to be a widespread habit of every intermediate to call Gamespy 'Gayspy'. Had I been a homosexual, I wouldn't be too happy at how they use the word 'gay', meaning utter shite.
For the most part, I understand them completely. Gamespy is.....gay.

- Games often end up with some unlucky bugger being dropped out.

- The 'Out of Sync' problem sometimes pops up in the middle of a heated battle.

- The 'Quick Match' lobby was better in its 1st form. Y'know, before Vanilla RoN got some patch.

- The chat feature is messy and flawed, as the font and colour is the same for everything people say. In other words, it's hard to see what you've written because everything is white.

- If you play a game with someone who has a different collection of scripts, you lose your batch and gain theirs instead.

- The whole thing lags, even with only around 34 people online.

So if it were up to me, I'll grab a couple of new servers, to speed things up a little. I'll change the format of the chatbox, so Person 1's text appears in white while Person 2's text appears in grey. I'll restore the Quick Match lobby back to what it originally looked like. I'll sort out the script problem, too, plus the OoS and the dropping problem.

Ok, now that I've finished that rant, time to go onto the new thingy-majigs.....

---- NEW NATIONS ----

- Vikings. Of course. Everybody loves them.

- Canadians. Despite the fact that we still own them along with France, they still deserve a place in the game. Especially when the rednecks got squeezed in, in T&P.

- North & South Koreans. Divide the nation up, to make things intresting. Communism can exist in the Ancient Age, did you know.

- Swedish. Pretty much a great nation that should go in the game. They also produce the best rock/pop bands there is!

---- NEW CAMPAIGNS ----

- World War I. I think that the first world war is the more intresting, since it saw the debut of the tank. Forget No.2!

- Genghis Khan. Well, if we have Napoleon, why not good ol' Genghis?

- Conquer Europe. Yes, I did think of my own idea being put in there, too. It just seems natural, as Europe is the densest (sp?) continent.

---- MISC. THINGS ----

- New units, like my pal TheBlackAdmiral suggested. A nuclear sub that actually produces Missiles, maybe?

- New age. Only one, mind. Call it the Renaissance Age and squeeze it in between Gunpowder and Enlightment.

~ Well, that's all from me. Have a nice day!

- [Bretty]_The_Despot

TheBlackAdmiral
posted 03-12-07 07:10 AM EDT (US)     22 / 83       
- New units, like my pal TheBlackAdmiral suggested. A nuclear sub that actually produces Missiles, maybe?

I never said that...

Khmer MUST be in, and Aboriginals..

Bretty
posted 03-12-07 01:10 PM EDT (US)     23 / 83       
Oh yes you did!

Quote - "New Units: Transport Helicopters (Information Age), Infantry Siege Units (Battering Ram, Explosive Team etc.)"

TheBlackAdmiral
posted 03-12-07 01:11 PM EDT (US)     24 / 83       
nothing said about missile subs..
comojerm
posted 03-12-07 03:00 PM EDT (US)     25 / 83       
I would just like BHG to do a patch or small release that left "open slots" for nations. I think like 3-5 slots and people could make their own nations (like the ones downloadable in the mod section). Also more UUs and nation specific additions/subtractions (as mentioned above). I agree that we need some Scandinavian nation so we can get Viking Berserkers and Longboats. Also some love in the south pacific would be nice as well.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames