You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Big Huge Fandom
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » Big Huge Fandom » Big Huge RPG!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Big Huge RPG!
Alex
(VIP) Reverie World Studios
(id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
posted 07-04-07 06:46 PM EDT (US)         
Big Huge Games has done it again! As The Asian Dynasties has teamed up Big Huge Games and Ensemble Studios, the still-unnamed RPG will bring Big Huge Games and THQ together. We were first hinted at the RPG when Ken Rolston, a 25-year RPG designer veteran joined Big Huge Games. Although little has been announced besides its existence, we can expect more news in the upcoming month and see the game for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC in 2009.
"We've wanted to do an RPG for years and I think we have a great direction that will knock everyone's socks off," said Tim Train, president and COO of Big Huge Games. "THQ's ability to create and grow new intellectual properties, and their reputation for fantastic developer support, made them the ideal partner to bring our dream game to market."
For more information, go here. The page header looks brilliant, similar to RoL's artwork but more animated.

AuthorReplies:
The Naminator
posted 07-04-07 10:42 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
Does that means no posibilitys for RoN2 Before 2010?

I stole this sign!
Alex
(VIP) Reverie World Studios
(id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
posted 07-05-07 00:56 AM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
To be honest, I don't think we'll ever see a RoN 2.

Big Huge Games has been drifting away with Catan, The Asian Dynasties, and now this rpg. I believe in an interview Brian Reynolds, CEO of BHG, stated that they weren't totally leaving RTS's and PC games but I'm not sure about ever coming back to Rise of Nations.

BHG has a staff of a little under 100 - several of which are testers. There programmers are most likely too busy at the moment to be developing a RoN2.

I believe they may soon be working on another RTS, besides TAD. But looking at RTS Producer job available on the website, it sounds like it might be for the Xbox Live Arcade.

Source
Continuing to develop downloadable games like our upcoming version of Settlers of Catan for XBLA.
However, it also mentions the RoN franchise.

[This message has been edited by Alex (edited 07-05-2007 @ 01:04 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames