Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » Community Forum » Greetings Humans
Bottom
Topic Subject:Greetings Humans
hindos
posted 04-22-12 10:35 AM EDT (US)         
Hello everyone ,

My name's hindos/cyclops and im a relative new newbie to Rise Of Nations and was inclined to play it after an intresting chain of events. I met sunwukong/velvetclaw on the minecraft forums which led to a whole bunchful of conversations and whatnot and eventually started an amazing project. He then told me about Rise Of Nations, and me keen to see what all the fuss was about I got it and tried it out. Whilst quite old it is still a very intresting game and I understood why Velvet still likes it . Thus here I am, how strange the strings of fate are...

I've been a part/am a part of many communities and tend to lean towards small communities as they feel more friendly and family-like then those collosal communities you often see. Places like incurus, knucklecracker, MCforums, and a whole bunch of other places I frequent. Incurus however is probably the most touching one i've been in thus far, and is more then just a community but I have many friends there and it has taught me many real life lessons!

Now that I've seen this sadly dying community and as I enjoy uplifting small communities out of the ashes I hope to encourage some form of resurrection of the game. But first I must beat that dastirly campaign and master my foes .

I tend to roleplay as either a cyclops in fantasy settings and an evil alien spy whom comes to earth to organise the oncoming alien invasion in sci-fi settings. I suppose i'll have to mold a new roleplay image here since it doesn't fit neither bills.
AuthorReplies:
Super7700
posted 04-23-12 04:57 AM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
Welcome! Good to see Velvetclaw's promotional work on Minecraft has been successful. Interesting that it was Minecraft of all places.

How have your revival efforts for other communities gone?

~ Creator of Kings and Conquerors, a total conversion mod for Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots ~
hindos
posted 04-23-12 05:07 AM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
Thank you .

Was velvet/sunwukong on the MCforus to advertise Rise Of nations, no... otherwise he would have said it the moment we started sharing pm's .

Quite well actually, I helped knucklecracker by being an active member and saved a few game clans from destruction(now helping to save total anarchy;will be difficult though). If this one works out it would be my first major resurrection, but I think I would be able to pull it off and learn a lot along the way .

There are allways many 'buts' , walls and problems you face along the way. You allways have to make sacrifices especially on this scale, but ultimately it's worth it and is more beneficial to the community. Looking at the long term goal is a weak human skill and has meant the destruction of many buisnesses and organisations of any forms. Looking at the long-term and making descisions in the short term to reach that goal is how you should go about it, not make short term decisions each time and not look ahead.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames