You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Community Forum
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » Community Forum » Hi Everyone! (Please Read)
Bottom
Topic Subject:Hi Everyone! (Please Read)
sargonthegreat
posted 09-07-13 11:10 PM EDT (US)         
Hi everyone! It's been quite awhile since I last logged into RoNHeaven, but it's great to be back. It's also good to see that the website is still intact. On the flip side, I wish there were more activity on the forums and downloads page.

Anyhow, I recently acquired a new copy of RoN and would love to work with someone on a set of scenarios. I've developed an interest (outside of RoN) in International Relations (IR), and I think there's a lot of potential to apply this knowledge to RoN.

With that in mind, I should probably list a few of my ideas.

(1) The Cold War: Balancing Amidst a Security Dilemma

In this scenario, players choose between the United States or the Soviet Union and control the security affairs of either country. However, instead of fighting World War III, they rely on imperfect intelligence and make calculated decisions from Washington or Moscow. In order to attain victory, they must navigate their way through the Cold War and avoid destabilizing crises at home and abroad.

(2) Charlemagne: Primacy in a Suzerain State System

In this scenario, players follow Charlemagne's rise to power and navigate through a complex set of alliances to control the Christian World.

If anyone is interested in any of these projects, please let me know. I'll also open a thread in the Scenario Design board.

~Sargon
AuthorReplies:
Super7700
posted 09-08-13 01:11 AM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
It's nice to see you back! Just to let you know, it seems that there is a problem with the downloads section, and as a result nothing has been approved for months. So when you do release your scenarios, it would be best to upload them somewhere else and put a link up here.

I am really liking your scenario ideas, so I hope that you end up making them. What I like most is that you are putting extra focus on politics, so it won't just be about the battles and economies.

I'll be interested in finding out what features you will be including in these scenarios.

~ Creator of Kings and Conquerors, a total conversion mod for Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots ~

[This message has been edited by Super7700 (edited 09-08-2013 @ 01:11 AM).]

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 09-09-13 02:40 AM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
Welcome back, Sargon!

Good luck with your projects.

The Charlemagne one would be quite interesting, though much of the grounds he built upon were laid down by his immediate ancestors. Still, he was a hell of a man.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
vugi
posted 09-09-13 06:48 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3       

Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.

Rise Of Nation Thrones And Patriots "Official" Site / Online patch
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames