Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » Big Huge Fandom » Classical RON
Bottom
Topic Subject:Classical RON
DowdyKitchenMan
posted 10-13-10 01:41 AM EDT (US)         
How many days, months, years do you guys think RON will endure before the friendly community that plays it decides to play another game? Do not be mistaken, I am a huge fan of RON, this RTS is the only one I actually acknowledge as having worthy replay value, and I believe that it is a classic among games, but considering this game has now been out for a grand total of six years, how long will it be before RON fades into gaming history?
Unlike RON, the turn-based sister Civilization has been periodically releasing new games and updates, and it has been a popular franchise since 1991! Without a new release or update can RON actually survive past 2010? Will we see a resurgence of younger generations playing this game? Or will this game be fondly remembered as a classic by generations that simply do not have the time or effort to pursue this game?
Again please, I do not mean to aggravate anyone, everyone in this hearty community enjoys RON as I do, and I only mean to pose a question simply for the sake of knowing what people feel. Thank you!

"Because of a curious disease of the human mind, it pleases us to enshrine in history records of bloodshed and slaughter, so that those ignorant of the facts of the world may become acquainted with the crimes of mankind."-Pliny the Elder
AuthorReplies:
Mythic_Commodore
Ministerialis
posted 10-13-10 05:28 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
I give the series maybe 5 more years of any meaningful playability unless BHG announces/releases a sequel. The key to keeping a franchise like this alive is to maintain momentum and keep the average person interested in it, and since BHG has been through some rough times recently, they haven't been able to do that, unfortunately. It would really be too bad if this series were to fade away.

Cyclohexane - it's what's for dinner!
Super7700
posted 10-13-10 11:30 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
I've told my friends to get it. And I probably won't leave RON for a long time. I'll probably spend so long making mods I'll start playing it again as if it were new. And I've still got moderate to master! (thats rather depressing)

~ Creator of Kings and Conquerors, a total conversion mod for Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots ~
GemCutter
posted 03-22-11 05:08 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
If they don't make a sequel, the game is doomed.

I got into RTS games after playing StarCraft 2. The SC2 community rocks, it's what makes the game more replayable than RoN; there are thousands of StarCraft videos on youtube, starcraft live streams of games, and most importantly, the competitive online play that RoN no longer has because so few play online. I try but no one's on so I just practice vs AI learning builds and build orders, strats, etc, like I used to practice SC2
thpdg
posted 08-27-11 07:54 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
You look at a game like Total Annihilation that has been around since 1997 or 1998. It's sequel and re-envisionings (Supreme Commander) haven't deterred its fans. Myself included. I balance my time between TA and RoN.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames