Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » Game Modifications » new World War II mod
Bottom
Topic Subject:new World War II mod
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 10 ··· 19  Next Page »
Nikox
posted 04-14-10 04:46 PM EDT (US)         
Ok folks, ready to start a new mod.

host image
The name is "1939-1945 Second Great War" and of course it's focused on World War 2.

It will be playable as normal mod and in the CTW version.

The CTW version will be installed overwriting RON core files this to can play of Army of One's (Legend017) WW II CTW campaign mod and use of the editor to create scenarios for the mod.

Wadis10, Scorch6294, Army_of_One, Coldwar Warrior,the Great Valdemar, Edilberto, MrYaR and Smarty (Martin R.) are already part of the team.
Anybody wanna join the project is wellcome.

The idea is to use years instead of ages:
- 1939 (ancient age)
- 1940 (classical age)
- 1941 (Medieval Age)
- 1942 (Gunpowder Age)
- 1943 (Enlightenment Age)
- 1944 (Industrial Age)
- 1945 (Modern Age)
- 194? (Informatio Age - an ipotetical year with the developement of secret weapons and units what have never seen combat times as war ended earlier)

(Edited) Nations involved are:
- 1.Finland - (replacing Persians)
- 2.Netherlands & Dutch East Indies - (dutch)
- 3.India - (indians)
- 4.United States of America - (americans)
- 5.Bulgaria - (replacing Lakota)
- 6.Canada - (replacing Iroquois)
- 7.Poland - (replacing Mongols)
- 8.New Zealand - (replacing Koreans)
- 9.Imperial Japan - (japanese)
- 10.Republic of China - (chinese)
- 11.Soviet Union - (russians)
- 12.Nationalist Germany - (germans)
- 13.United Kingdom of Great Britain - (british)
- 14.France - (french)
- 15.Kingdom of Yugoslavia - (replacing Spanish)
- 16.Neutral Nations - (replacing Turks)
- 17.Egypt - (egyptians)
- 18.Regno d'Italia (tr: Kingdom of Italy) - (romans)
- 19.Norway or Scandinavia - (replacing Greece)
- 20.Hungary - (replacing Nubians)
- 21.South Africa - (replacing Bantu)
- 22.Romania - (replacing Inca)
- 23.Australia - (replacing Maya)
- 24.Brazil - (replacing Aztecs)

More edited:
- New Governments:

- 1.Finland - Despotism; Democracy;
- 2.Netherlands & Dutch East Indies - Republic; Monarchy;
- 3.India - Republic; Monarchy;
- 4.United States of America - Republic; Democracy; Capitalism.
- 5.Bulgaria - Despotism; Monarchy;
- 6.Canada - Republic; Democracy;
- 7.Poland - Republic; Democracy;
- 8.New Zealand - Republic; Democracy;
- 9.Imperial Japan - Despotism; Monarchy; Militarism.
- 10.Republic of China - Despotism; Democracy;
- 11.Soviet Union - Despotism; Monarchy; Militarism.
- 12.Nationalist Germany - Despotism; Monarchy; Militarism.
- 13.United Kingdom of Great Britain - Republic; Monarchy; Capitalism.
- 14.France - Republic; Democracy;
- 15.Kingdom of Yugoslavia - Republic; Monarchy;
- 16.Neutral Nations - Republic; Monarchy;
- 17.Egypt - Republic; Monarchy;
- 18.Regno d'Italia - Despotism; Monarchy; Militarism.
- 19.Scandinavia - Republic; Monarchy;
- 20.Hungary - Despotism; Monarchy;
- 21.South Africa - Republic; Monarchy;
- 22.Romania - Despotism; Monarchy;
- 23.Australia - Republic; Democracy;
- 24.Brazil - Republic; Democracy;

Research rules at the Library:
- except done for civic all other level research are limited by the age reached.
For example: you cannot research the military level "Nations-in-arms" before you reached the 1945 year.

More arguments to talk about:
- Buildings.
- Units involved.
- Researches names.
- Resources available.

You can download the last version of the mod at MODDB:

Waiting for your effort,
Nicola a.k.a Nikox

[This message has been edited by Nikox (edited 10-19-2016 @ 10:57 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Nikox
posted 04-25-10 11:50 PM EDT (US)     26 / 472       
Greetings Valdemar!!
you've done really a lot of good job meamwhile I was absent.
I think it's needing a dedicated mod to see all your new units and the years range can be from 1950 to 2010:
- 1950-1960
- 1960-1970
- 1970-1980
- 1980-1990
- 1990-2000
- 2000-2010
About the WW2 mod I thought to use just the 1946 year.
I think I'll need a list of all your units by country and, if possible, by year.
If you have an excel file it's even better

To Random Username, you forgot to mention India as well.
Anyway, all these countries had a big role during WW2 and you can find a lots of references about their units (uniform, vehicles used and marks).
More than Ottoman or Iran I can suggest countries as Czechoslovakia, Norway or Yugoslavia, but I think this argument should be discussed by the mod team.
Would you jon us??

[This message has been edited by Nikox (edited 04-26-2010 @ 00:14 AM).]

Wadis10
posted 04-26-10 02:28 AM EDT (US)     27 / 472       
Valdemar,

Very nice skins, will you be uploading them to the internet?
valdemar
posted 04-26-10 10:45 AM EDT (US)     28 / 472       
Greetings Nikox! I'm understood, well.
I think I'll need a list of all your units by country and, if possible, by year.
If you have an excel file it's even better..))
Which I know the countries, I can draw, but some countries for me are unknown. I have in view of their military technology. The table is necessary to me, on it it will be easier to work.
What units you plan in new mod? How in "AoT" and some new units or creation of absolutely new units (I like the first variant more)? It is a very bad what i haven't 3D Max, to add new models, i can only redrawing old models (CREWing not considered) (((
Greetings Wadis10! Maybe later. I doing mod about this theme. I wish to make good mod, so I do not hasten with it.
Coldwar Warrior
posted 04-26-10 05:16 PM EDT (US)     29 / 472       
Nikox, can you give a list of the units you have in Age of tanks, it would make it a bit easier to organize this list
Nationgears
posted 04-26-10 10:45 PM EDT (US)     30 / 472       
hey Nikox, its nationgears. i just wanted to know when i upgrade through the ages do the units stay the same after
1941? PROBABLY DON'T, but just in case. you never know. also, what do you mean by "don't care where they come from" do you mean countries? lastly, whats the talk about the 1950-present stuff???? thx for your patience.

-Nationgears

[This message has been edited by Nationgears (edited 04-26-2010 @ 10:46 PM).]

Nikox
posted 04-27-10 00:42 AM EDT (US)     31 / 472       
hey Nationgears,
My idea is: when you upgrade through the ages some units stay the same but you cannot produce them, as example where was produced the panzer IV now it's produed the panzer IV H, but all old units created don't swap to new production. This to have in game old and new tanks. But this don't have to be for every units, as example the german infantry formations changed during war years, so new production is an upgrade of it and replace all existing ones.
In "don't care where they come from" I mean barracks, recruitement camp, autoplant, armorplant etc.
This is something what can change due to game engine or mod team choices.
The talk about the 1950-present stuff was a suggestion for a mod to Valdemar to use all his lovely units, but it looks like he's already working on it, so no matter.
The WW2 mod end with an ipotetical 1946 where all units produced or projected at that point take place, maybe in a new building called "secret weapons factory".
I guess you're working on the excel file (pls confirm it), so we'll wait for your job to start to work on the mod.

More edited: I was thinking about an infantry unit produced by fort/reboudt or by bunkers called "garrison infantry" for countries as france, netherlands, japan (and so on..) what made a large use of fortification. If you have a better idea about how to call it, maybe using regiments names..
-

[This message has been edited by Nikox (edited 04-27-2010 @ 01:08 AM).]

Coldwar Warrior
posted 04-27-10 05:09 PM EDT (US)     32 / 472       
The garrison infantry should be able automatically entrench
Nikox
posted 04-27-10 10:04 PM EDT (US)     33 / 472       
Coldwar Warrior, "Garrison Infantry" it's thinked to don't let one house or bunker to fire without anybody inside it. So it should be low cost, low movement rate. Why entrenched Coldwar Warrior?? This unit is protected by bunker, an high defense rate (coming from entrench action) outside it change its role, exactly I thought at a low defense rate, but with an high "ATTACK" and "CARRY_SIZE" to reach the bunker's maximum fire rate and occupation with just one or two of them.

More edited: About nation involved, we don't have to forget the use of the mod in WW2 CTW campaign, maybe one generical "Indipendent country" (west side) and one "Neutral State" (asian side) are needed to cover all states without their own army. Tribes used could be Spanish and Aztecs.
I edited the list in the main post cutting off "Norway & Sweden" from WW2 CTW campaign and "Manchukuo" from AoT mod.
More I suggest to substitute Yougoslavia with India just becouse units are much more and easier to create (I don't remember if Yougoslavia used any tank).
Of course some unit_continent should be changed, but this is something what is better to check when we have a table of units involved.
What do you think about it Army_Of_One1 ??

[This message has been edited by Nikox (edited 04-27-2010 @ 11:21 PM).]

Army_Of_One1
posted 04-28-10 00:09 AM EDT (US)     34 / 472       
Yeah, I was planing on Resetting Aztecs "Neutral states", (I just did that as Test, to see if the nation's will Fight. and that did fix's that) And the Spanish as "Independent Country", That will work.

And If you want i can re-do my nations in my campaign. and Sure about substitute Yugoslavia with India.

But like i said before their only going to be 7 playable nations in the campaign. (United States, Soviet Union, Germany, Japan, United Kingdom, and Italy, and China)

Edit:
Here a list of my Nations
-Aztecs - Mexicans/Neutral Nations
-Bantu - South Africans
-British - United Kingdom
-Chinese China
-Egyptians - Egyptians
-French - French
-Germans - Germany
-Greeks - Greeks
-Inca - Bulgaria
-Japanese - Empire Of Japan
-Koreans - Finland
-Maya - Poland
-Mongols - Hungary
-Nubians - Australians
-Romans - Italy
-Russians - Soviet Union
-Spanish - Spain/Independent Country
-Turks - Romania
-Americans - United States
-Dutch - New Zealand
-Lakota - Brazilians
-eindians - Kingdom of Yugoslavia
-Persians - Norway
-Iroquois - Canada

[This message has been edited by Army_Of_One1 (edited 04-30-2010 @ 12:21 PM).]

Nikox
posted 04-28-10 02:27 AM EDT (US)     35 / 472       
Ok Army_Of_One1, I didn't want to change the 7 playable nations of WW2 CTW campaign, but as I'm trying to have a mod working as standalone too I'm interested to have as much as possible playable countries. So there are three factions in game Axis, Allies and Neutral/Indipendent.

[This message has been edited by Nikox (edited 04-28-2010 @ 02:27 AM).]

Army_Of_One1
posted 04-28-10 04:09 AM EDT (US)     36 / 472       
Yeah, Well most of 7 playable nation same as yours. Only thing is some name are deficiency. But others are deficiency story.
Nikox
posted 04-28-10 08:34 AM EDT (US)     37 / 472       
I still have some trouble to find "Norway" units data (uniforms - vehicles etc.), What about to include it in neutral nations and use "Netherlands-Dutch East Indies" instead??
More, about mod's name is ok for everyone to call it simply "WW2 RoN T&p mod" or someone has got better idea??

Edited: Someone knows how to force A.I. to garrison some units??

[This message has been edited by Nikox (edited 04-28-2010 @ 08:43 AM).]

Army_Of_One1
posted 04-28-10 09:20 AM EDT (US)     38 / 472       
You find any Sweden units data? I could just rename them to Sweden. Just make them as a territory.
Coldwar Warrior
posted 04-28-10 04:44 PM EDT (US)     39 / 472       
The 2nd Great war perhaps?

Nikox: I see what you mean, but the Japanese would entrench themselves in wooden bunkers or what ever was around them. How bout giving the garrison infantry an ability to construct it's own bunker. The Bunker will be weaker than the regular bunker in defense. The unit could create this bunker as an unpack ability, like a merchant.

Army of One: Could you reduce some of the territories and/or give the African and Asian territories to their proper owners. There was so much barbarian territories that I was more focused on capturing them then actually fighting the Americans and Russians.

Anyway, I back from vacation and right now I'm working on pieces for the new nations you added along with loading screens.
Army_Of_One1
posted 04-28-10 06:25 PM EDT (US)     40 / 472       
I did fixed territories. I gave them all too Mexicans/Neutral State. lol I be redoing that too.

Anyway, I sent you a invite to Syncplicity. And you well able to upload and download, let say that i update a file, and you need it, all i would have to do is put it in a folder, and then you would have it.

And if anyone else on the team. Just post your email here. and I well send the invite.

Edited: New Screen-shots here.

[This message has been edited by Army_Of_One1 (edited 04-29-2010 @ 01:05 PM).]

Nikox
posted 04-28-10 06:26 PM EDT (US)     41 / 472       
I think the "WW2" or "WWII" are key words for who search mods to play that period, something what I can use as mod's folder name too.

About "Garrison Infantry", I would love to leave the entrench ability to marines units, the merchant ability applied to an infantry units sounds better for an "engineer group" or a "machine gun nest". Anyway I've to check if it's possible to apply it and how to mod the merchant house.
Coldwar Warrior
posted 04-28-10 07:45 PM EDT (US)     42 / 472       
Nikox: I need a list of the units you have in Age of Tanks 2.4
That way I can organize the sheet and figure out what units we could add. Btw where did you get the art for your icons? I'd like to use them for the CTW victory screens

Army of One: With all the changes to the campaign why don't change the look of the campaign. As I said before, I'm making loading screens and playing pieces for each nation, to replace the old Don the Dimes loading screens and the tradition CTW Calvary man, I'm also planning on making victory and defeat screens for them. I don't know how i could modify Dime's map, but i think the CTW map should be modified to look more like a Map from WW2.

[This message has been edited by Coldwar Warrior (edited 04-28-2010 @ 07:58 PM).]

Army_Of_One1
posted 04-28-10 08:05 PM EDT (US)     43 / 472       
Coldwar Warrior: Yeah, I been wanting to change look of the campaign. I never got around to do it. I did have better rendermap.

but went i lost with all of my campaign file. But on their on hand. I have better set up now. Anyway what your idea on the victory and defeat screens?

I do like DontheDime map, so all we have to do is make the rendermap, look like old world war 2 map. You ever heard of allies and axis game or hearts of iron 3? We could make rendermap look like those two games.

To everyone else: Come join my site and forum., You can read more about my campaign there and my other ones.

[This message has been edited by Army_Of_One1 (edited 04-29-2010 @ 11:53 AM).]

Nikox
posted 04-29-10 03:14 AM EDT (US)     44 / 472       
To Coldwar Warrior & Nationgears, here is the list of units used in Age of Tanks mod:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/b15c58f/n/AoT_RoN_T_amp_P_mod_-_units_list.zip

To Army_of_One, I tryed to register at your forum, but I've got always an error with the confirmation code.
I'm a little dumb, you know... :P

Edited: to Coldwar Warrior, most of my icons are coming from toys boxes, tell me what you loved more and I'll upload it; and your suggestion for the mod name is ok, so it will be the "1939-1945 Second Great War" mod ..ok?!

[This message has been edited by Nikox (edited 04-29-2010 @ 12:12 PM).]

Coldwar Warrior
posted 04-29-10 06:37 PM EDT (US)     45 / 472       
Army of One:
Yeah a map like that would be awesome for the render!

Well i wanted to try to get the victory defeat screens to look like the came from BH so I'm trying to get some ww2 art. But like id did with the loading screens I'll probably mix in some real pictures too.
Here's my plan though for each Nation:

GERMANY

Victory: Haven't thought about it much, but I thinking it would probably a map of the world controlled by germany, or I could have german tanks driving down a city, simalar to the Ron cTW campaign victory.

Defeat: Thinking this would have pictures of surrendering soldiers, and Russian tanks, and Berlin at the end of the war

BRITAIN

Victory: Again, I like the idea of tanks driving out like in the regular ctw. This case I want to try to get a desert scene with British soldiers riding on a centurion or something.

Defeat: This will be a depicition Nazi controlled Uk, or Operation Sea lion

AMERICA

Victory: I want to try to get the enola gay doing a flyby, the famous iwo jima picture, normandy, or maybe just use the picture of Time Square celebration.

Defeat: This will show a Nazi Occupied America, with Germans marching by the Whitehorse, ju290s bombing New York.
I know that the Turning Point game site as these pictures.

ITALY

Victory: I think this will also use the tank parade, but like the british this will be in the desert

Defeat: I was thinking of showing Mussolini's hanging but that just might be too graphic, I want to have Operation Husky in the background

SOVIET UNION

Victory: same style as Britain Italy and maybe Germany, t34s driving down a soviet captured berlin

Defeat: Will porbably be of Germans capturing moscow.

JAPAN

Victory: I thinking this could be a photo of Japanese soldiers celebrating

Defeat: atomic bomb on Hiroshima

CHINA

Victory: Probably a depiction of the liberation of china

Defeat: A depiction of the invasion of china perhaps.

Do you have any ideas for the victory and defeat screens?
Also, i wonder if it would be possible to add bonus missions to the campaign, like in the coldwar campaign. I'm thinking if this could be done, we could have special forces/espionage missions and bombing raids

Nikox: got another idea for a building, minefields, Small, medium and large one. all of them would be built from the aagun base, model, That way units would be able to pass through it and be killed. We'll just have to figure out how to make it attack so that it appears the enemy units are being killed by mines. I'm thinking using the invisible ammo type and then having the building bombard ground like the redoubt.

[This message has been edited by Coldwar Warrior (edited 04-29-2010 @ 07:10 PM).]

Army_Of_One1
posted 04-29-10 06:49 PM EDT (US)     46 / 472       
Coldwar Warrior: Sweet, That's sounds great. By the way, Join my forum. and Turning Point, that was good what if ww2 game.

Edited:
Yeah i was planning on making what if mission, and the espionage too. I just haven't set it up yet.

And in the Espionage, I could like a "Saving Private Ryan" and Like you said Special Forces and Bombing Raids Missions.

And Spin-off idea The Cold War, We could do a like this if the United States, Defeat the Japanese. but didn't Defeat Germany and this would lead in to armies build up between USA and Germany.

And Your on WW2 group on forum.

Edited Again: I add World War 2 2.09, In staff forum for you can download it.

Edited Again & Again: New idea, USSR, i was thinking about Post World War 2 idea. This would lead to the 3rd World War read about it here.

(The series of plans we will present today were developed to counter a Soviet invasion of Western Europe and The Middle East...Yes General? - http://www.wwiii1946.blogspot.com/)

darn it, I got to many ideas now. lol I need stop reading WW2 what if.....

[This message has been edited by Army_Of_One1 (edited 04-30-2010 @ 05:41 PM).]

Nikox
posted 04-29-10 08:52 PM EDT (US)     47 / 472       
Coldwar Warrior: here is my collection of WW2 drawings:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b15g02e/n/WW2_Images.zip

Most doesn't match with your requests, but I hope it's usefull anyway.

About minefield is a nice idea, but I don't know how to let an unit to walk through. Maybe a single square firing around with a range of 1 can have same effect or use the "X" explosive in OBJ_MASKS. Anyway, I don't see any cloak option or any hiding option for buildings, without it I think it's easy that AI will fire on it before to reach it.

[This message has been edited by Nikox (edited 04-29-2010 @ 08:55 PM).]

Army_Of_One1
posted 04-29-10 09:40 PM EDT (US)     48 / 472       
Nikox: Hey i add new page on main site, all you have to do is make your own page for your mod.

[This message has been edited by Army_Of_One1 (edited 04-29-2010 @ 09:44 PM).]

Nikox
posted 04-30-10 05:27 AM EDT (US)     49 / 472       
what do you think about it?
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/787/19391945modcover.png

[This message has been edited by Nikox (edited 05-04-2010 @ 02:19 PM).]

Army_Of_One1
posted 04-30-10 10:56 AM EDT (US)     50 / 472       
Nikox: look pretty good. and it Look better then mine,

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/brad1600/AoOsbanner2.jpg
I had a friend make it for me. about 5 five years ago. xD, Lol, My mod is 5 five years old now.

Coldwar Warrior: I was thinking about game age. 12 turn per age? or should i just do 6 turn per age. "1 turn is a Month" this only for the 2nd Great War mod. Non Mod install. Would be same it is right now or I meant add more turns.

[This message has been edited by Army_Of_One1 (edited 04-30-2010 @ 08:24 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 10 ··· 19  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames