Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.212 replies, Sticky
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » Game Modifications » Modeling Help Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Modeling Help Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6 7 8 ··· 9  Next Page »
uthum876
posted 06-06-10 02:24 PM EDT (US)         
Ok so I am going to start this thread so that any of us that are modelling can post our problems and questions here.

This is in the hope that any of our veteran modelers like ODA can drop by and answer some questions as I am beginner at Max too.

[This message has been edited by uthum876 (edited 06-07-2010 @ 03:13 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
JeluArg
posted 02-02-12 11:44 PM EDT (US)     126 / 212       
Nice model Gus! Iīm sure your mod is going to be great! I almost finished with my model, i got to make a proper Unwrapping, i am still looking how to do it (the lithunwrapp didnīt work well :/...when i tried to export the model back to 3ds to export then to .bh3 the model get too much faces).

Almost done!!! Greets
uthum876
posted 02-03-12 01:34 AM EDT (US)     127 / 212       
Gus, Export your mesh out and import it into the Churchill scene that was released by BHG. Then go into vertex mode on the churchill mesh and select all the vertices, then press the attach button and attach your mesh to it. Then you will still have the churchill's vertices selected, just delete them. Then you should just have your mesh again so just re-rig and export it out to the game. What this technique does is that it matches your mesh's material ID to the churchill's and this for some reason fixes the lighting problem. It took a lot of trial and error for me to figure out when I first started out.
gus89
posted 02-04-12 03:19 AM EDT (US)     128 / 212       
All I got with the chieftain (with a tga with the model in game) was some weird half green/ half brown model. It split the colours down each side of the tank.

I tried again without the tga file and I tried the merging process with my M1A1 model and Centurion model. In all cases it came out the same...

When I go to attach the Churchill model to my one it comes up with that box detailing three options to select, I think that could be where I'm going wrong. It lists: 1)"Match Material ID's to Material", 2)"Match Material to Material ID's" and 3) do no modify either.

I'm pretty sure I've tried both. Nothing seems to be working.
uthum876
posted 02-04-12 10:53 AM EDT (US)     129 / 212       
Don't change anything when you get the option, just leave it at "match material ID to material ID." And also make sure the model is properly smoothed, apply the mesh smooth modifier.
Dark Rebel
posted 02-04-12 11:21 AM EDT (US)     130 / 212       
@ Wadis10
I am using Windows 7 operating system.
3dsMax is able to open and run fine so I don't think that there is a problem but I could be wrong...

@ Everyone
Is there a polygon limit or something for the models I make for RoN or can they be any size?

-[AS]Midnight_Spirit

Yes my email is RHGDaRe@gmail.com this means
Ron.HeavenGamesDarkRebel@gmail.com thank you for the patience.

[This message has been edited by Dark Rebel (edited 02-04-2012 @ 11:22 AM).]

Super7700
posted 02-04-12 03:55 PM EDT (US)     131 / 212       
Having too many polys will make the game lag, so I believe it is best to have around 300. Uthum will know.

~ Creator of Kings and Conquerors, a total conversion mod for Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots ~
Wadis10
posted 02-04-12 05:44 PM EDT (US)     132 / 212       
Dark Rebel, I just reproduced the error you've been getting, try copying the .dll files to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 as well as system32. That seemed to work for me. You shouldn't need to replace any files, just go copy and don't replace.

The maximum polygon limit is 999, or the exporter will crash. Obviously less polygons is better but on more modern computers this is much less important than it once was.
Dark Rebel
posted 02-04-12 05:58 PM EDT (US)     133 / 212       
@Wadis10
okay I will try that and post feed back later thanks.

-[AS]Midnight_Spirit

Yes my email is RHGDaRe@gmail.com this means
Ron.HeavenGamesDarkRebel@gmail.com thank you for the patience.
gus89
posted 02-04-12 11:53 PM EDT (US)     134 / 212       
Uthum876, I still seem to be having the same issue. I followed your guide, this time it came out like the first time I put into the game.

If I email you the model do you want to try and see if you can get it to work? I may have done something wrong or maybe something wrong with my 3ds max.
uthum876
posted 02-05-12 12:23 PM EDT (US)     135 / 212       
ok go ahead i'll see what i can do.
JeluArg
posted 02-05-12 07:45 PM EDT (US)     136 / 212       
Hi guys! i have a problem with the phisyque of the A-4. When it fires the missile the body gets deformed. Is any way to maintain all the body rigid? I think it has to be with the fact that the physique is extracted from a tank.When i solve this iīll be ready to release it.
Here it is with argentine skin:

Greets!
Wadis10
posted 02-06-12 03:46 AM EDT (US)     137 / 212       
Try and attach all the verticies to the body node, make sure there are no verticies connected to any of the 'attacking' nodes(where missiles come out). Also, make sure all the verticies are green, not red or blue.
JeluArg
posted 02-06-12 10:16 AM EDT (US)     138 / 212       
Thanks a lot Wadis! Now it works perfect and is finished!!! I have to make a few skins and then upload thanks
Super7700
posted 02-06-12 10:56 PM EDT (US)     139 / 212       
How do you attach vertices or detach them from nodes? I'm having a similar problem: when certain body parts move, parts that I've added to the guy sometimes deform.

@ JeluArg, congratulations, it looks great!

~ Creator of Kings and Conquerors, a total conversion mod for Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots ~

[This message has been edited by super7700 (edited 02-06-2012 @ 10:58 PM).]

JeluArg
posted 02-07-12 06:55 AM EDT (US)     140 / 212       
Thanks @Super7700!!! Iīm very happy with the final result.

To attach/detach nodes iīll give you my example (this is what i learnt):
1š)Select the model and in the modifier list, expand the "physique".
2š)Click in "Vertex" and click in select (Select all the mesh to check that all the vertex are in green, i donīt know if in a human figure this necessary but i think that in the plane it is).
3š)Click in "Select by Link", and then try clicking on each node. I found one that has vertex assigned to it (when i click the others the green vertex didnīt showed up). It was a smoke node that cause the problem.

4š)Click in "Remove from link" and then select the node again, the vertex have changed into blue.

5š)Click in "Assign to link" and choose the node that you want they belong. (In my case to a Body node...In this step i selected all the vertex and assigned to the body node, to assure :P jeje).

I think that there itīs finished, i donīt know if that is the right way to do it, but it worked fine for me. Iīm sure that a human body is much more complicated to physique. I hope this little tutorial help you. Good luck!

[This message has been edited by JeluArg (edited 02-07-2012 @ 07:00 AM).]

Super7700
posted 02-07-12 10:57 PM EDT (US)     141 / 212       
Thanks you so much, I'll see if I can get it to work.

uthum876
posted 02-07-12 11:46 PM EDT (US)     142 / 212       
Super I just e-mailed you your swordsman, see if you got it.
uthum876
posted 02-07-12 11:50 PM EDT (US)     143 / 212       
Gus, I just looked at your Chieften, problem with it is that you didn't attach all of the different parts into one unified mesh!
Super7700
posted 02-08-12 00:44 AM EDT (US)     144 / 212       
IT WORKS!

Thank you so much JeluArg, it is finally working thanks to your help. Now I can actually make working models!

[This message has been edited by super7700 (edited 02-08-2012 @ 01:40 AM).]

JeluArg
posted 02-08-12 01:24 AM EDT (US)     145 / 212       
Fantastic! You are welcome dude i just finished the skins so im uploading now. Greets mate!
--------------
Upadate: I donīt know why my uploading take long time to appear in the download section...well, have another plane but this one is only addapted for me to RON...What d you think about French Air Army? :P...and Eurofighter (skins have to be improved i think)

F-5

Incoming planes:Me-262, Gloster Meteor, F-86, F-4, A-7, Yak 141, F-86, F-15, Avro Vulcan, Mig-21

[This message has been edited by JeluArg (edited 02-09-2012 @ 10:16 PM).]

Super7700
posted 02-10-12 06:35 PM EDT (US)     146 / 212       
Excellent! You are doing really well with all these models.

I've just got another problem now with another model I'm editing. I've added the photometric file which shows up in the edit uvw map window, but it won't show up on the actual model. I've tried deleting the unwrap uvw modifier and then adding it again, but that didn't make any differences. Any ideas as to how it can be fixed?

The foot knight on the other hand is all done and has been exported and textured, but I must have done something bad to my mod because it now freezes when it loads. So basically I have to fix that before I can test it properly.

EDIT: I can test out my foot knight now, but I'm getting another issue with it - for some reason, the shield changes shape when it is exported to the BH3 format.

[This message has been edited by super7700 (edited 02-10-2012 @ 07:33 PM).]

uthum876
posted 02-10-12 08:05 PM EDT (US)     147 / 212       
Super sorry, it took me so long to get back to you, but load up the UVW modifier and press "edit", then go to "mapping", then press "normal mapping" and then from the drop down menu select "box mapping", this will re-map the object for you. Unfortunately you have to drag around the parts and recreate a suitable uvw map. Use ODA's tutorial on modelling for some guidance, although hes using Lithunwrap, its pretty much the same procedure in MAX...but unwraping in MAX is much easier because the interface is smoother.

[This message has been edited by uthum876 (edited 02-10-2012 @ 08:14 PM).]

uthum876
posted 02-10-12 08:07 PM EDT (US)     148 / 212       
Hey Jelu, great job. It would be cool if you can create some modern Chinese aircraft, I know I can use that for my mod. If you want I can send you some completed models of Chinese helicopters and fighters.....if you can only unwrap and texture them for me, that would be great.
Super7700
posted 02-10-12 08:29 PM EDT (US)     149 / 212       
For some reason, it decided to work now, though I don't know how to solve the issue with the shield messing up when it is exported

And Uthum, could you please send me the textures for those models you sent me, I've so far made two variations of the pezhetairoi and I've modified your broad swordsman so he now has a pilos helmet, so I might have a go at skinning and exporting them too.

uthum876
posted 02-10-12 10:06 PM EDT (US)     150 / 212       
Your swordsman's sheild vertices are probably not physiqued to the arm? Yea sure I could send you those skins.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6 7 8 ··· 9  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames