Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.83 replies
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » Big Huge Fandom » Ideas for RON2 if its made
Bottom
Topic Subject:Ideas for RON2 if its made
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
tactickiller
posted 06-03-06 02:23 AM EDT (US)         
If they made a RON2 i think that they should make it kinda futuristic. You can have space battles and land battles. maybe you can even fight alien civs and battle on diffrent planets. Even though they might need to wait for better computers i still think it would be fun.

~=~just give me all your cash ok. or do i need to do something to make you~=~
Fast Food and Gay Buttsecks
What we're Shala's all about
for knowing the first 31 digits of pi from memory 3.141592653589793238462643383279. I am the PIE MAN. lol
AuthorReplies:
TheBlackAdmiral
posted 03-12-07 03:32 PM EDT (US)     26 / 83       
I cut and pasted everything together, for good overview..

I would like if Sweden was included in RON 2,They should have STRV122! Axel of Sweden

------------------------------------------------------

Lion Eater No don't remove nukes just make them
a. more difficult to get resource wise eg. you have to get uranium rare resource
b. More expensive
c. you have to research stuff at uni and that takes ages

The Naminator
maybe give them side efects.

Nuclear bombers not missiles before info age.
We need everthing to be editable but easily reversed.
MORE TAUNTS
Planes can dodge missiles

Lion Eater
what about villages they are small cities and cost a 0.25 instead of 1 for the city limits. You can make 3 farms, mine, lumber mill 1 millitary building and an expensive uni to upgrade it to a town. Uranium is a resource (not rare) in info age build uranium mines by mountains to get some. Factories build aircraft not airbases you have to transport the aircraft to the airbase. Space centre is no longer a wonder but you can build them so you can make spy probes. Science centre for research eg. nukes, units etc.
CN tower as wonder it:
Increases LOS
Makes genreal abilities more effective
makes units quicker
buildings (apart from wonders) are built almost instanly
Nations:
Vikings (power of the massacre)
Celts (power of the woad)
Canada (power of the wilderness)
Australia (power of the ... outback)
I'll do nation powers and unique units later
I don't like the idea of a sphere map just make the maps MASSIVE

-------------------------------------------------------

TheBlackAdmiral

Vikings should have the power of plunder.
Celts aren't a very good idea IMHO.
Canada would be nice..
I'd love Australians, maybe Aboriginals (Australia at Enlightment age)\

Big Huge is quite big, but one size bigger would be nice.

-

Romans should change to Italians in Gunpowder age, with Swiss Musketeers in Enlightment, Swiss Lackeys at Industrial and Swiss Guard in Modern (Light Infantry). (Maybe even power of the Pope in Gunpowder Age)

Khmer should be a nation (Power of the Mekong: Temple efficiency +50%, Start with a +20 Income of Knowledge, +10 for every Age after Medieval, Citizens are cloaked when in friendly territory, Friendly units move normal speed over rivers), with all Elephant Units.

Navaho:
Power of the Grand Canyon: Towers influence National Borders slightly and Cities and Forts influence National Border +25% More, Mines can have one more citizen than normalfor the size of the mountain, all infantry units move 10% faster, +5% for every Military Research
Unique Units:
Shaman (General, Enlightment Age, +50% Craft, unique ability: Frenzy: All units within radius gain +3 Attack)
Apache Helicopter (Helicopter, Modern Age, faster and tougher than regular Heli)
Apache Attack Helicopter (Helicopter, Information Age, faster and tougher than regular Attack Heli).

Berbers:
Power of the Carthage: All cities gain +100% hitpoints, All ships (including Fishermen) gain +2 attack, +1 for every Age after Classical (up to a maximum of +5). The Berbers gain all Ship upgrades for free.
Unique Units:
War Elephant, Mahout, Phoenician Warship, Phoenician Trireme.

Other Changes:
New CTW: World Wars, Mesopotamia
New Age: Fuedal Age (between Medieval Age and Gunpowder Age), Exploration Age (Between Gunpowder and Enlightment Age)
New Units: Transport Helicopters (Information Age), Infantry Siege Units (Battering Ram, Explosive Team etc.)

I forgot: More General Abilities..
changing formations only available when a general is around..

easyhasaids

Rome and Italy should be two different nations.
There is a great need for an eastern European civilization maybe Poland or Polish-Lithuania.

Songhay or Mali to represent west africa. Aksum or Ethipoia would be nice.

Definalty a general Arab civ maybe call them the abbasids because just the turks and iranians don't cut it for the region.

Portugal considering the dutch are a civ.

Viking civ.

Maybe Algonquins or hurons.

Navajo.

Khmer Rougue.

Israel.

Many more ages.
-The most needed would be a real industrial age between enlightenment and the current indutrial with gatling guns ironclads breech loading rifles and possibly an attempt to work in railroads. An age or two between modern and info. One for the korean war era with sabre jets the first helicopters improved tanks from modern and nuclear technololgy. This would add a power to America which would be nuclaer power an age earlier. Then an age after that with t-64 M-60 and chieftain tanks newer jet fighters better infantry and jet bombers, hueys etc.

Maybe try to fit a new line of government the ends with fascism.

Maps should have the potential to be really big with up to 16 players online.

There should be transport capabilities in helicopters maybe transport trucks and rail travel and possibly rail guns in the WW1 and WW2 ages. With larger maps it would also make paratroopers a viable unit.

They should still keep the games files somewhat easy to mod like they are now.

Maybe a nation editor.

A greatly improved scenario editor and a script editor with many more functions. Maybe more decorative things in the editor like Age of Kings to add flare to scenarios

------------------------------------------------------------ --

BRetty

Well, I thought it was time for me to suggest some ideas, since I know the game inside and out. I have a lot to say. Anyone who reads the complete rubbish I post on my blog will understand. Nah, just kidding!

Most of my time playing RoN is on Multiplayer, where I play against other experienced inters and ruin their self-esteem. Everytime, I always hear the same thing. It seems to be a widespread habit of every intermediate to call Gamespy 'Gayspy'. Had I been a homosexual, I wouldn't be too happy at how they use the word 'gay', meaning utter shite.
For the most part, I understand them completely. Gamespy is.....gay.

- Games often end up with some unlucky bugger being dropped out.

- The 'Out of Sync' problem sometimes pops up in the middle of a heated battle.

- The 'Quick Match' lobby was better in its 1st form. Y'know, before Vanilla RoN got some patch.

- The chat feature is messy and flawed, as the font and colour is the same for everything people say. In other words, it's hard to see what you've written because everything is white.

- If you play a game with someone who has a different collection of scripts, you lose your batch and gain theirs instead.

- The whole thing lags, even with only around 34 people online.

So if it were up to me, I'll grab a couple of new servers, to speed things up a little. I'll change the format of the chatbox, so Person 1's text appears in white while Person 2's text appears in grey. I'll restore the Quick Match lobby back to what it originally looked like. I'll sort out the script problem, too, plus the OoS and the dropping problem.

Ok, now that I've finished that rant, time to go onto the new thingy-majigs.....

---- NEW NATIONS ----

- Vikings. Of course. Everybody loves them.

- Canadians. Despite the fact that we still own them along with France, they still deserve a place in the game. Especially when the rednecks got squeezed in, in T&P.

- North & South Koreans. Divide the nation up, to make things intresting. Communism can exist in the Ancient Age, did you know.

- Swedish. Pretty much a great nation that should go in the game. They also produce the best rock/pop bands there is!

---- NEW CAMPAIGNS ----

- World War I. I think that the first world war is the more intresting, since it saw the debut of the tank. Forget No.2!

- Genghis Khan. Well, if we have Napoleon, why not good ol' Genghis?

- Conquer Europe. Yes, I did think of my own idea being put in there, too. It just seems natural, as Europe is the densest (sp?) continent.

---- MISC. THINGS ----

- New units, like my pal TheBlackAdmiral suggested. A nuclear sub that actually produces Missiles, maybe?

- New age. Only one, mind. Call it the Renaissance Age and squeeze it in between Gunpowder and Enlightment.

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------

comojerm

would just like BHG to do a patch or small release that left "open slots" for nations. I think like 3-5 slots and people could make their own nations (like the ones downloadable in the mod section). Also more UUs and nation specific additions/subtractions (as mentioned above). I agree that we need some Scandinavian nation so we can get Viking Berserkers and Longboats. Also some love in the south pacific would be nice as well.

TsarNicholas
posted 03-22-07 10:44 PM EDT (US)     27 / 83       
new nation: austria/holy roman empire and better napolean campigen
SeagulFederation
posted 03-24-07 09:10 PM EDT (US)     28 / 83       
like i said b4 im workin on a CTW genghis khan- but its a slow process-

also- i made some taunts- they're not top quiality, but you can download the whenever!

We need BETTER GRAPHICS!!! kinda like AOE III or ROL

also a mod making editor that comes with the game!

Food prices twice as high- where's the vodka for us to buy?
All we do is sit at home- watching gorby drone and drone-

~~KamikazeSeagull~~
Salute the Seagull Federation!

[This message has been edited by SeagulFederation (edited 03-24-2007 @ 09:11 PM).]

TheBlackAdmiral
posted 03-25-07 07:52 AM EDT (US)     29 / 83       
I''ve got an Idea how to work out the Great Wall, just put narrow strips of land on teh map with strength 8.
Lion Eater
posted 06-04-07 01:01 PM EDT (US)     30 / 83       
Mine Fields! A citizen can build a strip of land (you can drag to select how much) that contains mines. Enemies take lots of casualties and you and allies take a few (because you can forget). Or you could have engineers as well as citizens to: build mine fields,
clear them,
build other stuff.
also they would be lightly armed

Meh
www.freewebs.com/spuds4umy website please visit
fatookit
posted 06-05-07 06:44 AM EDT (US)     31 / 83       
I think if the Governments decides what you can train, build even advancing ages. And I think the AI in campaign is really cheating, their army just keeps popping, not from Barracks, Stables etc...
These scripts make the newbie lost interest of the Game, So don't let these silly script keep surviving!
mastertomE
posted 06-18-07 11:59 PM EDT (US)     32 / 83       
It's be pretty cool if you could somehow colonize other planets and have battles in space. build docks in space to create vehicles like small ships or big ships, or the death star...jk. You could also have space infantry, which could use jetpacks and maybe ?board ships? Maybe interplanetary nukes. This could be started in the information age or something, or maybe have a new space age.

Instead of building newer and larger weapons of mass destruction, men think mankind should try to get more use out of the ones they have
Kuoting
posted 11-16-07 06:02 AM EDT (US)     33 / 83       
Sorry my English is poor.

RON is still the best RTS I have ever played.
And I agree that just remake RON if there will be Ron2.

I also have some suggestions about the features that could be added in RON:

1. A alarming system that warning the player if there is any enemy unit appearing in his lines of sight.

Although minimap already shows the locations of all units which can be seen,
there should be more clear message or sound to remind players that enemy are coming.

For example, while a opponent sending a horse archer trying to slay my citizens,
I should be informed if the enemy unit once exposes in my lines of sight.

Some games like Settlers VI and ANNO1701 have already had this design.
And it is very useful for me because I can't always pay attention on minimap at any time.

2. Multiple rally points for difftent types of troops which are produced in the same building.

For example: Docks. Players are able to set different rally points for fishermen and galleys,
so that they can assign different missions to these units with absolutely different properties in the same time
without switching the rally point frequently.

Another example is Airports. It would be good if players can set different rally point for helicopters and fighters.
Then they can add new helicopters to specific groups and command bomber to bombard the cities in another side simultaneously.

3. Auto all-clear for citizens which are ordered into building respectively.

In many conditions, it is better to control citizens to hide respectively in order to refuge enemy raiding,
rather than belling in the town center (city) to let all citizens around hide.
However, after enemy leaving, players may forget to release them. So I suggest apposing this additional function and players can decide whether enabling this function or not.

4. Auto looking-for-nearest-resources function for fishermen or merchant who are idle.
And let players decide the length of idle period, just like the auto working function for citizens.

5. Automatically pick up ruins.

I think it is meaningless to keep an eye on if there is any ruin left and controlling a unit to pick up it.
I know I can use alt + shift + right click to insert a relay point to help doing this, but I hope it can be done more automatically.

For example, once a ruin is discovered, it is also received in the same time without touching. And a random type of resource increases.

6. An individual interface for command all missile silo.
For example, A little menu appears after I build my first silo. I can view all silos' state and build missiles through this menu directly without checking all silos one by one.

7. Automatically transform citizens to militia when you order them to attack. And counts idle militia as idle citizens.

8. Any other feature that can help reducing negligible micro control.

And if there will be new nations, i suggest add southeast Asia civilizations. (i.e. Khmer)
They are always ignored in many historical strategy games.

[This message has been edited by Kuoting (edited 11-20-2007 @ 02:45 AM).]

TheBlackAdmiral
posted 11-16-07 11:37 AM EDT (US)     34 / 83       
And if there will be new nations, i suggest add southeast Asia civilizations. (i.e. Khmer)
They are always ignored in many historical strategy games.
So true! Southeast Asia and Australia are always big balnk spots in Strategy games.
KinglouietheXVII
posted 12-28-07 05:20 PM EDT (US)     35 / 83       
World War 2 should be its own age, with no helicopters, nukes (Atomic weapons instead) with Paratroopers and Mines!

More good additions, would be
-sea-mines,
-cyber terrism
- cyber virus's (where they cant research/build anything for 5 minutes)
-Transport helicopter
-AI with an IQ over 37
-Units are camoflauged (like unit is white when in snow)
-better spy capabilities
-Generals can attack and lead from the front (Gunpowder and down.)
- you can drop elite squads off with stealth helicopters

et cetera, et cetera

Siegfriedstellung=The Siegfried Line was a defence system stretching more than 630km (392 miles) with more than 18,000 bunkers, tunnels and tank traps. It went from Kleve on the border with the Netherlands, along the western border of the old German Empire as far as the town of Weil am Rhein on the border to Switzerland.
wwII_nut
posted 03-27-08 04:47 PM EDT (US)     36 / 83       
Instead of having a space age, why don't you add like experimental units in the info age, like the Ratte, which was a gigantic tank, or something like that.
kimtiu
posted 05-08-08 07:58 AM EDT (US)     37 / 83       
This is my first damn post in RoNHeaven, ever.

I agree that there should be a transitional tech age between Enlightenment and Industrial. I could call it the Imperial Age due to expansionist policies of the 19th century.

I think I don't need an age between the Modern and Info age. It is just we just look at this logic:

Fighter=Turbojet Fighter

as

Jet Fighter=Advanced Fighter

or

Bomber in Modern Age should have a transitional upgrade or make the Strategic Bomber the intermediate unit and those delta-wing jet bombers the Asian countries possessed in the Info age are to be called Jet Bombers instead.

Blimps are good for Industrial Age to build before bombers. I'm a fan of Red Alert 2 and loved the Kirov Airship...

Yes, Space and Nano Ages for Rise of Nations 2! Now Giant Robots are approved if BHG does this!

I think there should be live action cutscenes in the CTW scenarios, if the TaP format is followed.

More Nations.

Keep all the TaP Nations , add the Non-Playable Nations in RoN and TaP to the roster, and add new ones.

Here's My Idea:

Portugal=Economic

Power of Exploration

Ships are built faster, assimilates territories faster.

Suggested Units:

Add the Bandeirantes.

Arabs

Power of Islam=Aggressive

Citizens become Unique Militia/partisan, Higher Oil Production [of course!] suicide units available [?!], Temple influence higher

Unique Units:

Camel Units available to them as well.

Israelis

Power of Zion=Defensive

Temples had higher influence...In CTW, capturing the Capital is not enough to defeat Israel; conquering all territories is needed. Research in all fields faster by +5%

Unique Units:

Mesopotamians=Aggressive

[Includes Assyrians, Babylonians, Sumerians, Akkadians, and of course, the Iraqis.]

Shielded Archers, Republican Guard, Poison Gas troopers [replaces flamethrowers]

Power of the Two Rivers

Heavy Attrition Damage. Repair of buildings much faster.

Canadians=Economic

Power of Wealth

Cheaper Lumber mills, higher production of lumber.

Unique Units:

Mounties, Avro Arrow Fighter

Australians=Economic

Power of the Outback

Scout Units have better line of sight.

Unique Units:

Canberra Bomber, ANZAC trooper

Scandinavians=Economic

Power of the North

I don't know how to put this this time.

Unique Units: Viking, berserker, Varangian, Saab Viggen and Gripen fighters.

Phoenicians=Economic

Power of the Mediterranean.

Ships built faster or so.

Unique Units: see the Phoenician Mod.

Also, the units should be a bit more diverse in design...for example...did the Russians use the MLRS system the Americans use in Real-life? The heck, no!
Coldwar Warrior
posted 05-08-08 04:37 PM EDT (US)     38 / 83       
They should have a Peacemaker Nuclear Bomber, and I think they should bring back all the "deleted" units, like the Patrol Jeep, Ship of the line, Tank Destroyer, Transport Helicopter, Spanish Special Forces, super battleship, the fighter that sort of looks like a phantom (the tga's still there in the RON folder, titled fighter.tga), the Communist(or what ever they are) Assault Infantry and the Artillery Gun Tank thing that the Howitzer replaced when the game was released. (See the RON screenshots, and you'll see what I'm talking about.)

Tank Destroyer
http://files.heavengames.com/ron/albums/album23/acj.jpg
http://ron.heavengames.com/gallery/view_photo.php?full=1&set_albumName=album23&id=ada[

Communist Infantry (probably for Asian nations)

http://files.heavengames.com/ron/albums/album23/adg.jpg

Phantom 2

http://files.heavengames.com/ron/albums/beta1_shots/aaz.jpg

[This message has been edited by Coldwar Warrior (edited 05-09-2008 @ 05:56 PM).]

TheBlackAdmiral
posted 05-09-08 02:29 AM EDT (US)     39 / 83       
Where do you see Communist Infantry? All I see is Shock Infantry (which is a Russian UU) and regular Assault Infantry.
kimtiu
posted 05-09-08 11:16 AM EDT (US)     40 / 83       
Are there mods showing these deleted units?
Coldwar Warrior
posted 05-09-08 05:52 PM EDT (US)     41 / 83       
To TheBlackAdmiral: The Assault Infantry have different helmets and uniforms.

To kimtiu: Unfortunately no, these the original screenshots taken by Big Huge Games before the game was released.

Heres a picture of a Transport Helicopter (upper Left)
http://www.microsoft.com/Games/riseofnations/img/ss_b_9.jpg

Another Picture of the Tank Destroyer: (flamethrower and German infantry are different too)
http://www.microsoft.com/Games/riseofnations/img/ss_b_24.jpg
TheBlackAdmiral
posted 05-10-08 01:29 PM EDT (US)     42 / 83       
Methinks the Communist Warriors are jsut Assaults with old graphics.
Coldwar Warrior
posted 05-10-08 04:19 PM EDT (US)     43 / 83       
They Probably are
kimtiu
posted 05-13-08 07:05 AM EDT (US)     44 / 83       
I think so. But can anyone re-skin one of the vanilla units to look like deleted unit?

I forgot about the Poles, too. They should have the power of Education [namely, universities build faster or so]. They are ought to be added at RoN 2 and not as an NP Nation like in RoN.
Coldwar Warrior
posted 05-13-08 05:02 PM EDT (US)     45 / 83       
It looks like it uses a different model not used by assaults, look at the shape of the helmets.
Cereal_Killa
posted 09-11-08 09:19 PM EDT (US)     46 / 83       
really the only thing they need to fix is the connection problems and the bugs

Kiwi Clan http://kiwiclan.2.forumer.com/
[Live 4Eva or Die Tryin -CK]
Coldwar Warrior
posted 09-12-08 03:15 PM EDT (US)     47 / 83       
The helmets actually look simular to the Modern Age Allied Infantry

Along with the CN Tower I think they should add the Sydney Opera House and the sphinx

[This message has been edited by Coldwar Warrior (edited 09-12-2008 @ 03:19 PM).]

Cereal_Killa
posted 09-13-08 04:54 AM EDT (US)     48 / 83       
you should be able to destroy your own buildings then blame them on foriegn powers as a reason for war

Kiwi Clan http://kiwiclan.2.forumer.com/
[Live 4Eva or Die Tryin -CK]
Coldwar Warrior
posted 09-16-08 02:53 PM EDT (US)     49 / 83       
Citizens should sometimes refuse orders, or attack you and you can send your army in to capture or kill your own civilians
generals3
posted 06-15-09 07:47 AM EDT (US)     50 / 83       
my idea of a new RoN.
First, make it a ron , not like rise of legends which was made , to my opinion, while the devs were smoking drugs.
What should it have?
1) Better graphics
2) Improved AI
3) More balanced nations: atm there are obvious better and worse nations .
4) make nations 'more' unique. Unique units at this point are pointless, they are barely better than the normal units. They should be made a bit better.
5) Reduce the amount of nations(to 10 or something): this to be able to have 3) forfilled and also give them more unique units.
6) Improve the government system, atm its very, very basic. Make them more different and also balanced! atm republic-monarchy-capitalism is the route everyone takes. This should change! The government choice should be affected by ur gameplay!
7) more ressources and also make some already existing more usefull.
8) Make the units a bit more realistic: a tank should be stronger against infantry as AT infantry should be stronger against tanks for example. Bombers and arty should be stronger against ground units but also a lot more expensive! The game doesnt need to be 100% realistic like CoH where one tank shell kills one infantry or where arty wtfpwnzorz infantry but it should be somewhat in between.
9) add 'small' wonders, which basicly are big wonders but: everyone can build em even if an oppenent already has one. They are more expensive , and they give slightly smaller bonusses (and off course, non already existant bonusses big wonders give)

10) MAKE THE GAME BHG!!! RoN was awesome and we want a new one!

also , forgot one:
11) If the Armageddon count is at 1 in order to be able to launch a nuke ur team must agree! sometimes u get desperate and prefer a total loss instead of giving the enemy a victory but does your team think the same?
And also add an option to alter the armageddon count like the victory points options:
eg: 15 nukes; 20 nukes; 25 nukes; 30 nukes ; no armaggedon.

[This message has been edited by generals3 (edited 06-15-2009 @ 07:52 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames