Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.34 replies
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » Big Huge Fandom » Rise of Space
Bottom
Topic Subject:Rise of Space
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Random Username
posted 11-17-09 10:47 PM EDT (US)         
I'd like to see a Science Fiction RoN (which I have dubbed Rise of Space).

This type of game would have both human civilizations, and aliens, and would include space combat/civilization.

What are your opinions or ideas for this?
AuthorReplies:
Crue Knight
Divine Favor
(id: Crusader Knight)
posted 11-18-09 04:34 PM EDT (US)     1 / 34       
Hey did you check out Rise of Legends? It's a fantasy styled game made by the same producers as RoN. It has a very similar style as well.

Check it out at rol.heavengames.com or http://www.riseoflegends.com/

EPIC MOD
IS EPIC!``?

Ex mod on: Spore - HG - RoN - RoL - N:TW
Check out my: DeviantArt - Steam
sargonthegreat
posted 11-18-09 06:55 PM EDT (US)     2 / 34       
I've got to get RoL. It seems like it would be really fun, especially when I get bored of RoN.
Random Username
posted 11-18-09 10:43 PM EDT (US)     3 / 34       
Already knew about Rise of Legends. Personally, I don't like the looks of it: flashy graphics, but my computer has to much stuff on it to handle that kind of graphics and I don't like the fantasy genre.

I actually came up with the science fiction genre from Rise of Legends: I thought, "If they can make a fantasy version of RoN, why not space?"
Crue Knight
Divine Favor
(id: Crusader Knight)
posted 11-19-09 10:26 AM EDT (US)     4 / 34       
Well, looking at how bad RoL did in sales, I doubt they will make a Space one although it'll be cool.

Competing games like Supreme Commander should also be taken into consideration. They did a pretty good job with a Space RTS game.

Wow after watching this vid, I have made up my mind to get it! I'll probably get it this week or next when I get the money.

EPIC MOD
IS EPIC!``?

Ex mod on: Spore - HG - RoN - RoL - N:TW
Check out my: DeviantArt - Steam

[This message has been edited by Crue Knight (edited 11-19-2009 @ 10:29 AM).]

sargonthegreat
posted 11-19-09 11:58 AM EDT (US)     5 / 34       
The graphics are sooooo good! I'm really surprised.
Random Username
posted 11-19-09 08:58 PM EDT (US)     6 / 34       
Honestly, I don't see a big difference in graphics. It looks about as good as Age of Empires 3 (which I do own), and I was impressed by those.

The units are cooler than I expected.

Here's some possible resources that could be in any follow-up to Rise of Nations/Legends:
- Energy: You need it to power vehicles and buildings. It doesn't replace, Oil though: instead, you can turn Oil into Energy or produce it using "green energy".
-Textiles: Any cloth, silk, or similar items. Gathered from Textile Farms.
-Happiness: Represents population mood. Not sure how it would affect you (maybe it could raise the productivity of the population, or make it harder for a spy to bribe your troops/easier for your spies to bribe), but it would be gathered from Civilians called Entertainers (like in Civilization).
sargonthegreat
posted 11-20-09 03:15 PM EDT (US)     7 / 34       
I certainly would love to see another BHG RTS that would have more scope of a turn based game than they both currently contain. Happiness is one aspect that would certainly be nice. Expanded Diplomacy and a more complicated tech tree as well.
Random Username
posted 11-20-09 05:18 PM EDT (US)     8 / 34       
Diplomacy could be expanded to include "Protectorates" and "Trade Alliances". For example: an ally is much smaller than yours. You can offer for it to become a Protectorate, in which case the player of the Protectorate Nation still has control, but you can set "tax rates" on resources.

Or a Trade Ally could be a nation that isn't like a true ally, but does special trading with you: both nations get each others Rare Resource bonuses, and Caravans traveling between nations generate extra resources or some such.

This would probably over-complicate the game to death, but I'd like to see manufactured goods in an RTS. They could give benefits to units and buildings, but only ones "equipped" with it (they'd be manufactured with the right Rare and Basic Resources), such as, say, Electronics or Furniture.
sargonthegreat
posted 11-20-09 07:32 PM EDT (US)     9 / 34       
Trading technologies would be nice too. That's really realistic. And how about trading territory, such as forts and cities. Also, people should have the option to capture forts instead of just destroying them.
Random Username
posted 11-20-09 08:00 PM EDT (US)     10 / 34       
Good suggestions.

In the case of the maps, it could be set up like this: if you're playing a "planet" map, than it will be like a normal RoN map. If you're playing a "space" map, than space will replace water and asteroids/similar objects will replace land. Units could have air tanks to make them more realistic, and maybe you'd have to build "Biospheres" or "Force Fields" to construct buildings within (sort of like a border within a border).

Here's the ages I came up with:

Information Age: RoN's Information Age, with different units.
Synthetic Age: Represents the period of time when almost everything on a planet is being synthesized.
Global Age: Represents wars for World Domination.
Satellite Age: A planet has been conquered, and the local civilization is colonizing nearby satellites, such as moons.
Interplanetary Age: A civilization is expanding to the next-door planet, and maybe meets another species (aliens).
Solar Age: Wars for Solar Domination (total control of the Solar System) are beginning.
Intersolar Age: Empires tend to control their capital solar system, and are fighting similar empires.
Arm Age: Now, Empires have the ability to wage war on anybody in their local galactic arm and are measured by how many solar systems (in the dozens) they own.

I based those ages off of Star Wars. In that type of game it would probably be smart to put in Nuclear Missiles, but ones that don't count against Armageddon.
EoB Heraclius
posted 11-20-09 09:50 PM EDT (US)     11 / 34       
I'm the head GM for a forum roleplay called Solar Empires, which can be foundhere. If you are a fan of science fiction, which you seem to be I'd check it out. Also, it may provide some ideas for civilizations. While three active RPers have used races from Warhammer 40,000, the remainder are original races, namely the Kalosi, the Transcendii (mine), the Star Dwellers, and the Albicans.

Unfortunately all four were at one point human, though the Albicans and Transcendii are the only ones who remain pure blooded humans.

As for the races and their bonuses, for the Transcendii the basic bonuses would be on technology.

The Transcendii have the power of Transcendence:
-Research time is reduced by 200%
-Knowledge income is doubled
-Research Costs reduced by 50%

Each race could have a different tech tree, similar to the ones in SoSE. The Transcendii techs would be predominantly Antimatter based. As for UUs:

Ares Corp:
Highly trained, well equipped soldiers that make up the elite of the elite in the Transcendii Ground Initiative. They are armed with gunpowder assault rifles that have a very high rate of fire and damage.

Bonuses over standard infantry:
Extra HP
Extra Armor

Myrmidon Heavy Tank:
Extremely powerful tank armed with a heavy plasma cannon.

Bonuses over standard Heavy Tanks:
Extra Armor
Extra Damage

Of course this is incomplete and we'll need to come up with a list of unit classes and base units. Or we could make each civ totally unique.
Random Username
posted 11-20-09 10:38 PM EDT (US)     12 / 34       
The Centaurites

Power of Mass Industry
- 100% bonus selling and using Products
- Every Factory increases Population by 10
- Civilians are 25% cheaper

Unique Buildings:
Factory: Slowly churns out a specific Product for free.

Unique Units:
Excess Men: Excess population (unemployed workers, due to a huge population); they train in batches of 10, and for only a low Food cost, but are very weak.
Reprogrammed Machinery: Factory machinery reprogrammed into the form of a battle mech. They have an advantage in that they can actually trample other units, and smash stuff (with a slow attack).

Physical Appearance:
???????????
sargonthegreat
posted 11-21-09 12:03 PM EDT (US)     13 / 34       
If there were to be a mod, we can't make it dumb like Empire Earth.
Random Username
posted 11-21-09 07:09 PM EDT (US)     14 / 34       
Of course not. That game looks like crap.
sargonthegreat
posted 11-21-09 10:25 PM EDT (US)     15 / 34       
If we make robots, they actually have to be pretty cool and not dumb like how they are in Empire Earth.
Random Username
posted 11-21-09 11:38 PM EDT (US)     16 / 34       
Yeah, the robots would just be like, well.... drone planes. Controlled by a central computer.

Maybe that could affect a robot army.... destroy its place of origination and it dies....
sargonthegreat
posted 11-22-09 00:07 AM EDT (US)     17 / 34       
So how many nations would we have anyways?
Random Username
posted 11-22-09 01:07 AM EDT (US)     18 / 34       
I don't know. 20 at most. 8 at least. Here's one that would HAVE to be in:

Earthlings
lolcatz31
posted 11-22-09 07:15 AM EDT (US)     19 / 34       
a mod game? 8 nations minimum? 20 tops?!? maybe 4 at start and slowly you are adding in more. just to lighten the load.

mewp: a word to describe awesomeness in its supreme form.

EoB Heraclies gets a hard-on from noobs.

Damn, you got me. I just wish I knew how to make quality threads like you do. -Blatant7
Random Username
posted 11-22-09 03:55 PM EDT (US)     20 / 34       
I'm throwing around ideas for a sequel (pretend the word "sequel" was italicized), not a mod.
sargonthegreat
posted 12-01-09 10:36 PM EDT (US)     21 / 34       
Gosh I wish they would make a sequel to RoN and RoL. Both were such good games and I would love to see new versions of them.
lolcatz31
posted 12-02-09 02:42 PM EDT (US)     22 / 34       
not a "sequal" but a slide show commemorating this heaven and the game it is dedicated to. and then we put on a disk and sell it as a "sequel"

Damn, you got me. I just wish I knew how to make quality threads like you do. -Blatant7
sargonthegreat
posted 12-12-09 06:45 PM EDT (US)     23 / 34       
I just want to see RoN Two.
lolcatz31
posted 12-17-09 03:07 PM EDT (US)     24 / 34       
but made with what gamers want, if one is good, they try to make it better and commit epic failure/game suicide.

Random Username
posted 01-20-10 08:40 PM EDT (US)     25 / 34       
I just had an idea for how you could play a game involving more than one planet, and space (though I don't like my own idea )

You could have three "maps": the normal screen, a minimap, and then a Universal Map. On the Universal Map, you could click a planet, some other celestial body, or a "square" of space and it would transport you to another normal screen and minimap.

Transporting troops to a different map would be easy. Using a Spaceport you could transport soldiers and other such things into space. They could then land anywhere (though Spaceports would be needed on other planets to transport them back off). Units in space could be ordered to move to another square, and space battles could take place in these squares in the form of space fleets intercepting each other on route to distant planets.

I've also come up with the end techs.

MILITARY
Military improves soldiers.

End Tech - Planetary Shield
- This gives you a "shield" around your territory with "generator" buildings spaced at standard intervals. Only Sappers would be able to move through the shield, and would have the ability to "jam" a Generator, destroying the section of shield around it and allowing enemy troops to move in. This would make invasions of your territory much more difficult.

CIVICS
Civics improves Cities.

End Tech - Galactic Council
- Same as "World Government"
- You can force Council Decrees, setting two nation's diplomatic stance towards each other. Only one Decree can be enacted at a time, and costs Wealth (just like normal diplomatic actions).

COMMERCE
Commerce improves Wealth income.

End Tech - Perfected Communism
- All resource buildings are combined into a "GEW" (Government Economic Workhouse).
- Infinite Caravans.

SCIENCE
Science improves Technologies.

End Tech - Spawning Chambers
- Same as "Artificial Intelligence".
- Lightning Troops unlocked. These are infantry trainable by pressing a button the HUD and then left-clicking where you want to train them at. Right-clicking deselects the "Train Lightning Troops" function. The benefit? You can train soldiers instantly right at the scene of a battle.

LIFE QUALITY
Life Quality improves Happiness gather rates (a new resource).

End Tech - Social Engineering
- Happiness is no longer a relevant resource.
- Your units are unable to be Bribed.
- Your Spies Bribe instantly.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames