Posted on 07/06/04 @ 10:40 AM (updated 07/11/04
- Play as the allied: The Russians, French, Dutch, British or the Serbains.
- Play as the centrals: The Germans, Italians, Ottomans or the Austrian-Hungarians.
- Pre set diplomacy
- 2 fictive scenarios: Battle of the Eiffle tower and battle of Budapest
- Play as American allied nations, for example the Canadians.
- Not all leader names are historically correct.
- Some random scenarios are pretty buggy!
- A few historical scenarios could be implanted.
Note: this map is simplefied and does not fully represent the Europe and North Africa of WWI.
You need Thrones & Patroit for this CTW! It uses some of TP's features.
|Author||Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
its pretty much inaccurate
its balanced out between the countries units and special abilities
the alliances arent set and alot of it is wrong one the Ottoman Empire never had Northern Africa in WW1 Algeria was occupied by the French and Egypt was occupied by the British same with Syria
Map Design: 3
territories need some working on but its good
there is really no story to it theres really not much explaination on how the war started since it wasnt just based on the death of the Austrian Prince.
(now it is playable good.)
(it's somewhat balanced)
Map Design: 2
(alright, but no historical context)
(lacks all realism)
ok to put this short and sweet I had fun in this CTW, but the historical inaccuraccy just stopped me from playing. Here's a list of things you HAVE to fix, to make it more realistic.
1. I was fighting helocopters, GET RID OF THEM, they didnt show up till the 1950s, much less 1914.
2. Get rid of the airlift scenarios, again there were no airlifts until WWII
3.The Red Guard soldiers for the Russians are a WWII unit if Im not mistaken, replace them with ordinary infantry.
4. The Austrian-Hungarian Empire need to start out with more army groups, there power is way to limited.
5. This is balanced out by making Italy an allied nation(which it was) and decreasing the # of armies it had. Italy was a very pathetic power in WWI, but it was with the allies.
6.There are some fishy AI actions you might want to change. For instance, once I saw Russia take Hesse, which I found very very strange because at the time they were only bordering Germany's eastern border and Austria's eastern border.
7. Also I dont know if Holland and Belgium were at war with Germany before Germany invaded, it would be better to make them start out neutral.
Those things were things I noticed that glared out for a change, if you fix those, this should be a whole lot more fun CTW
Well most battles werent very creative or interesting. Most of them were just to conquer the other players. Most importantly however was the many many lugs bugs and crashed it made each & every turn! I couldnt even finish the game cause of that.. sould be fixed for a better score.
Well it wasnt the most balance but you tryed to do it as it was and that is how it came out.
Nice idea you've chosen, to create a conquer the world scenario i bet it wasnt easy. Very nice.
Map Design: 4
Map was as realistic as possible and historical correct. they were designed well, as well.
the story was picked and given and the instructions were included like in every conquer the world campaign
Very Good! too bad of all the bugs though, they really ruined everything!