This is the Version 3 of my ERA Mod.
There a few new features that will make this download vital:
- There is an Installer now, which makes the installation of the game MUCH easier and removes the confusion of the "copy" and "paste" method.
- there are new Age names and all are historically accurate. They are: Ancient Era, Classical Era, Dark to Medieval Ages, The Renaissance, The Age of Absolutism and Enlightenment, The Late to Early Industrial Ages, The Atomic Age, and finally, the Technological Era.
- There is a historically accurate skin for the bantu musketeer. since the British occupied much of Africa in the mid-1850's, the Bantu skin has been changed to look more like the Boer British Infantry.
- I noticed that the blood graphics in the game were a bit too "cartoonish", so I completely changed that to make it seem more realistic.
- Finally, i sharpened the look on the other unit skins and amde them seem a bit better
The Mod comes with 2 "installers".
One of them installs the Mod
and the other restores the original game data.
Skins look realistic. Installer worked great. Walls finally worked :), I highly recommend this mod & cannot wait for the next version.
Posted on 02/05/05 @ 01:19 AM
how do u get it to work? ive used the installer on the right file but when i start a game it doesnt list any mods and the ages r named the same
Posted on 02/07/05 @ 06:23 PM
This mod is a file replacement mod, not a selectable mod. So you wont see it listed in the mod selector.
Posted on 04/17/08 @ 10:48 AM
Hey does the installer overwrite files or does it install the mod? Does the mod have all the files you need in it? I Don't have RON or RON:TC simply cause i can't afford it so I was hoping that the Original Game Restore would give me the files i need. Your mod sounds neat so I would like to try it.
[Edited on 04/17/08 @ 11:08 AM]
Posted on 04/05/10 @ 05:32 AM
The way I read this modification, I agree to have this with ODA's Rise of Napoleon Mod. Congratulations, my dear King!