-MUST download WW2 Pt I and Pt II for this mod to work
-This mod is not based on balance issues but more of historical accuracy.
-This mod is for Quick Battles ONLY
-MUST play in the World War II Age (it will appear as that on the screen).
These are the ONLY nations you can play as:
Spain, Japan, China, Soviet Union, Germany, Great Britain, France, Italy, Poland, Finland, USA
-Only Japan, Great Britain, USA receive aircraft carriers
-Germany can build two different auto plants to build different tanks and also two different barracks for different infantry
-Great Britain can also build two different barracks for different infantry units
-Not every nation receives the ability to train flamethrowers
-Nations that fought in N.Africa (GB, USA, Ger, Italy) switch to desert skins for most of their units.
Credits: ODA/Unit35 Rise of Panzers
ODA's Tank skins
Uthum BF 1943
Centurin's Corsair skin
How to Install:
1) First go to the data folder of Rise of Nations (Rise of Nations/data)
In the data folder make backups of these files (otherwise you won't be able to play the original game again,without reinstalling): buildingrules,craftrules,help,rules,soundtypes,unitgraphics,unitrules
2) Insert the new files into the data folder
3) Follow the same procedure for the tribes folder and files (Rise of Nations/tribes)
4) Insert the new tribes files
5) In the art folder (Rise of Nations/art) simply put all of the allies' art into that folder. It should only ask you to replace the iface units. You should replace it but make sure to back up the original first.
6) Download Pt II and insert the axis' art into the art folder (Rise of Nations/art). It will ask you if you want to replace the general german skins. Back up the original first and then replace it.
Then run the game and it should work.
Remember to play only in quick battles as the nations listed above and only in the world war ii age.
Great mod 5 stars except for the bugs. My favourite WWII mod on this site. It's the only one like it because it is historically accurate NOT balanced. E.g. A Germany will crush a Poland. With a few tweaks to fix the bugs it is hours of fun. However the historical accuracy isn't as good in the art but that's not important as long as it is fun. After all, that's the point of buying video games. Another point worth mentioning is the availability of units. The Germans have so many tanks it takes up 2 auto plants.
5 star work after a few tweaks. I made a mod based on it but I grabbed skins from everywhere so it would be really hard to credit.
The problems are the Italian infantry, the soviet IS-2 Josef Stalin and the soviet Yak-9.
If you don't play with Italy or Soviet Union it should be fine.