A Ride to Hell
Thank you for the positive feedback on the "Battle for the Sea, V1&V2.
So, this is my second attempt at creating a scenario based on a historical WWI battle. The information contained in the scenario is a summary of research found pertaining to the actual battle at the Marne River.
I'm still on the Western Front, there were two major battles at the Marne River. This is an re-enactment of the First Battle of the Marne River, September 6-12th 1914.
Again internet research sources, would have taken up all the space in this area.
1. The Germans are conducting a major assault on the City of Paris!
2. The British and French forces are exhausted from 12 days of repeated German attacks and subsequent retreats.
3. The French government has fled to the City of Bordeaux, presumably enjoying some good wine.
4. The Germans, 1st Army, Commanded by General Alexander Von Kluck and the 2nd Army, General Karl Von Bulow
5. The allies, the Britsh Expeditionary Force and the French 5th, 6th and 9th Armies).
You are to repel the German assault, it won't be so easy this time. After that do as you wish.
1. Early on you get a little and the only help of the scenario, it is a key point to the battle, there is a tempting asset along with this spawn, it will be of no use, let it go about it's business, don't interupt the spawn!
2. Manage your troop and building assets look for weak points/weak armies in your line.
3. Do not allow one of your armies to get over run, an alley City in the hands of the Germans will be devastating!
4. Again, Ignore Nation (6)("White"), they are there to layout key reference points to the battlefield.
5. For history buffs who know this battle, it's there if you act on it!
1. The scenario drags (frame rate) alittle in the first minute, I'm using a Celeron Processor, 512/448MB of RAM, and 64MB RAM Video Card (WEAK!!!), so if your PC attributes are less, make the necessary adjustments. After the first minute, the frame rate returns to normal (14 frames per second) for the rest of the scenario.
2. Oddly enough they actually used planes during this battle for reconnaissance. But, I didn't include since they couldn't be used for troop support or attacks. But, I gave you a little more Cavalry this time, and the fronts are spread apart on a huge map this time. The actual battle map only revealed two trench line fronts.
P.S. I left a few WWI Era Postcards in the Zip.
Enjoy, as always comments welcome and encouraged.
|Author||Reviews ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )|
Good fun to play, could have been prehaps slighlty more in terms of script- it added some much in ypres, but i realise it is difficult and what was there was good
Good- at first it seemed like i would be over-run but it balenced it self out perfectly
(Insert Creativity analysis hereGreat- i love ww1, and no body does it better than you
Map Design: 4
good, not as many trenches as ypres but all appropriate for the scen.
Intro was good and level progressed nicely
Not quite as polished as ypres, but still v.good. i look forward to your next scenario, i snapped this one up as soon as i saw it