Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » RoN General Discussion » French nation power
Bottom
Topic Subject:French nation power
EzequielB
posted 05-05-19 01:41 PM EDT (US)         
I'm intrigued about the Frecnh, who have the Power of Leadership. The name, well, I attribute it to the celebrated leaders that the French have had: Charlemagne, Joan of Arc, Napoleon, Charles de Gaulle, Voltaire. That explains the free General and the fastest creation time for Siege weapons.

But then there is the +2 Citizens for Woodcutter camp, and the free Lumbermill. Why is that? Are the French known for their wood or something?

Edit: Maybe it's because of the Louis XV furniture...

[This message has been edited by EzequielB (edited 05-05-2019 @ 06:29 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Fission Power
posted 05-14-19 03:18 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
BHG just wanted to place this timber-related bonus in the game, so they chose French. Many nations have bonuses which don't relate directly to them. Don't you wonder why Japanese foot units have damage bonus against buildings?

[This message has been edited by Fission Power (edited 05-15-2019 @ 02:16 PM).]

EzequielB
posted 05-18-19 10:19 AM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
"Don't you wonder why Japanese foot units have damage bonus against buildings?"

I thought it could be because historically the Japanese didn't use siege weapons (I'm only guessing) so they relied on infantry to invade buildings. Do you remember when the Simpsons go to Japan? Homer walked right through the paper walls.

It could be also that the developers just thought, "starting with a Lumber Mill and free Lumber Mill upgrades is cool". But there may be a reason why they gave it to the French. There could be an obscure attribute that the French people have had that is reflected on that bonus. I'm going with the Louix XIV furniture.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames