You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

RoN General Discussion
Moderated by alincarpetman

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Rise of Nations Heaven » Forums » RoN General Discussion » About Anti-aircraft jamming
Bottom
Topic Subject:About Anti-aircraft jamming
EzequielB
posted 05-23-19 09:30 PM EDT (US)         
I was playing today with the strategy of sending Special Forces to jam the enemy's Anti-aircraft batteries, and defending my territory with helicopters. But guess what? The jamming didn't work. The white lights appeared and it said "jammed" in red in the Anti-aircraft info box, but they still tore apart my helicopters. Does anybody know why this is? Is it a bug? I'm really, really pissed off. I want to hit something. DAMN IT. DAMN IT.

EDIT: UUUUUUUOOO! I solved it. Turns out that in rules.xml, it says "PROB_50%", so there is only a fifty percent probability that Radar Jam will work. Since I want it to be 100% sure, I changed it. But this poses the question: in multiplayer games, are players able to cheat this way? Can they set their buildings to produce everything automatically, for example? I want to play online with human opponents some day, and I want to play out my strategy of jamming Anti-Aircraft without being accused of cheating.

[This message has been edited by EzequielB (edited 05-24-2019 @ 05:32 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 05-25-19 07:36 AM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
The most important rule in playing multiplayer is that everybody uses the same version, which includes identical files. Fudgers and cheats are usually quickly found and and scorned, unless all players agree to the changes.

I usually do multiplayer on a Vanilla setting, and have a separate folder with my tweaked versions for own use.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
EzequielB
posted 05-25-19 06:07 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
Yeah, but that's just it, how are cheaters caugth? It's not like they type a cheat code in-game; we are talking about modified files in the PC. How can anybody know what the files in another person's computer read?
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 05-28-19 11:47 AM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
Usually with multiplayer the computers read each other as they pair up- any discrepancies screw things up, like one side having nuclear missiles at a fifty percent discount, or extra starting resources.

otherwise, when you start, and see the other guy has much much more, you know something is not right.

Most cheaters hit console commands in-game, is my experience.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Rise of Nations Heaven | HeavenGames